Hi Gamblers out there. I have a serious issue going on for the past 20 years or so. I wouldn’t call myself a professional gambler but very close to it. I go to Atlantic City once a week. I play 6 decks, No Mid Shoe, Hand Shuffle, and Dealer Stands on Soft 17 tables. I play at a $25 table and I play $25 until I win a hand, then when I win the first hand I take back the first win, and every time I win after that I press up $25 until I get to about $150 and then I go up $50 on every win until I loose. Then I go back to $25 and flat bet $25 on every loss until I win (Progressive Betting) I know that Progressive betting does not change the odds to help winning. I play perfect basic strategy and I usually always catch long run of win streaks when I play but the problem I have and I’m just not sure what to do is with doubling down. I press my bet when I win like I said but I usually always have to double down in my winning streaks and I loose most of them. I loose legitimately about 7-8 double downs out of 10 that I do. I have had family members, friends and my girlfriend watch me consistently loose. To add salt to my wounds I lose a lot of the bigger double down bets because I’m always pressing. It is to the point that I hope that I don’t get ANY double downs and hope to just win and press and if I get a blackjack in my runs that’s a bonus. I know what a lot of you are probably saying, “You’re just not remembering the days and times that you were catching all of your double downs” I can’t remember a day when it was like that. Maybe one time about 10 years ago. By losing almost all of my double downs in a sitting get stuck playing 10-12-15 hours sometimes because I’m down money. As soon as I get ahead I leave and if I do well right off the bat when I sit down 90% of the time it’s because I caught some long runs pressing (possibly with a blackjack) thrown in there with NO double downs. I actually still win money almost every time I go out and play because I’m very patient and no matter how much I’m up or down I continue to press the same way. If I just caught a few double here and there I would be up stacks instead of playing for more hours than I should have play. I actually thought about not doubling down. When my bets get up to $150, $175 plus I thought about just doubling for $25 just to play the hand correctly because its sad to say but I win money because I don’t get any doubles. Sounds crazy but I can’t make this up. I was in Vegas a few months ago and tried FREE BET Blackjack being that I didn’t have to put up the Double Down money. I only played about 3 shoes and lost most of my doubles again and pushed on about 3 dealer 22’s which is also frustrating. The table was 8 deck and BJ’s paid 6-5 which I know is not good for the player. I ended up only being down $50 and got frustrated because a few players started splitting and doubling everything against hands that they shouldn’t because it was FREE. I hate losing when people don’t hit their cards correctly and don’t play basic strategy. I know they say it doesn’t matter what other players do but that argument is for another day. That’s why I always play the first hand so I don’t have to sit behind bad players and see the cards I should get If they played there hand correctly. . If anyone has any advice or something I should do please let me know. Thanks so much.