Visiting MS late this Wednesday morning (8/15) I thought I'd take a look at the new $10 6-5 tables to see how they were doing. They had 4 tables open and each one had 4 to 5 players. Maybe it's just confirmation bias at work on my part, but the players didn't appear to be very smart. They all had a Gomer Pyle look about them.

But what really surprised me was that some of the players seemed to be consistently betting $15 to $25 as their base unit. WTF? Just a few short steps away there were at least 5 or 6 $15 3-2 tables open with plenty of unoccupied seats. I was very tempted to go up and ask them, "Dude... what are you thinking?" But I resisted that urge and walked away just shaking my head in disbelief.

I'd always thought of players at MS and Foxwoods as a bit more knowledgeable than those I've observed out in Las Vegas. In sin city many players are tourists; newbies who have either never played the game before or just play occasionally while on vacation. Connecticut players are there more often and have a better grasp of the game. Or so I thought. If you're going to play at a $15 level or higher, why whould you choose a 6-5 table?