Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
See, this shows you don't understand it. It all depends on the rules of the game but from Don's extensive analysis summarized on p522 of BJA3 shows that I was a hair off for the games I play (1.1:1 for S17 games, I don't play H17 games). And with LS rule added to S17 the ratio becomes 1.0:1. I am not sure why so many other respected sources have different values when they should all be the same. I know Griffin's are for rules of yore that are rarely seen anymore. But the rest of the ones that agree with my original position I can't resolve why.
Three, your post shows that I understood this concept from the beginning. Read my first post where I asked my question. I said I had read somewhere that an ace was more valuable than a 10 but I didn't want to spend the time researching it. You then replied by confirming what I had read or intuitively thought. Don then responded by saying you were wrong and said I was incorrectly counting aces twice. I tried to make it clear I was only betting slightly more since I thought l had more of an advantage than my count indicated. Everybody knows counts are an approximation and all cards don't have the same value even though hi lo gives them the same value. I pointed this out with an example everybody understands, the 2 and 5 both being counted as +1 even though the 5 is much more valuable than the 2.

Since I asked my question, I've spent more time researching this topic by rereading sections of Blackbelt in Blackjack and bja3. After reading both these books, I see my original assumption was correct for the game I play.

I have said repeadily that that I know this doesn't get me much. I know there are other things that will add more value to my game. You don't need to point this out to me. Your first responce to my question was perfect and answered my question. I think it was Don's follow up responce that had me questioning who was right for the game I was playing. And this is why this thread has continued on, to where Don called it stupid.

With all this said, I have learned quite a bit from this thread and your comments were helpful. I've come to expect insults when I ask a question so they don't bother me anymore.