Quote Originally Posted by marriedputter View Post
Yes. If you play long enough, you will see counts like this.

Back in the day when I used to use Hi-Lo, I got up to a + 30 RC. I was at the table alone. There were two things that I found incredible about this (and by incredible, I don't mean "unbelievable." I mean more like "improbable").

1. It happened early in the shoe. I remember thinking "man, I'm probably going to have my max bet out for the whole shoe." And I did! It was the very first shoe that I played that night. I imagine that the pit was thinking that I just felt like being aggressive that night right from the start. It's moments like this that you better have enough max bets. I was max betting all the way though the shoe. The TC never got below +5 if I remember correctly. Oh boy, it was on. I quickly knew that that was probably the only shoe that I was going to be playing that night.
2. The hands I got were not what I thought I was going to get. There were not many 20s and only a few blackjacks. Mostly, I ended up with 14s, 15s, and 16s! The dealer was usually showing a face. Since the count was so high, index plays required that I stand. I expected to lose, but the dealer miraculously (improbably) would turn over a bust card. I also remember the dealer having lots of 7s, 8s, and 9s, that she busted on. This makes perfect sense, since Hi-Lo doesn't count these ranks. You would have thought however that the dealer would have had more 10s in the hole and therefore turn over more 17s, 18s, and 19s to beat my 14s, 15s, and 16s, but no. She mostly would turn over a 16 composed of 7/9 and 8/8 or a 15 composed of 7/8. She then proceeded to bust and I won the majority of my crap hands. With a count this high, I didn't expect so many crap hands. The amount of 20s and blackjacks between me and the dealer just weren't plentiful.

It was definitely a memorable night.
Exactly dude. It was already into the 20s about a deck and a half in. I bet big the entire time. And that don't look like counting to the untrained eye. Counters don't go 20x their base bet 1 deck into the shoe and then flat bet. It was also my first time playin rated there, so I'll probably get some decent comps betting huge like I did. Yeah, I got a lotta junk hands too. That seems to happen a lot with really high counts. I think it's because you got this high count and it keeps getting higher because you keep getting junk on your huge bets and the dealer has an advantage on those hands post-deal. Unfortunately, my night wasn't all that memorable except for the 36 running count, which was insane. I've seen a few low runners break 30 before, I don't even know why I was still tracking them, I had long since quit playing. Probably outta habit in case all the ploppies vanished and the dealer refused a shuffle request.