I've been trying to do a multiparameter sim in cvdata but can't figure out how. Norm, bless your heart, I know you're swamped so I thought I'd try here.

In the playing page you are offered the option of adding a multiparameter side count. When you click on it all you get is the "sample multi-parameter strategy" as an option. I tried to create one in create new system, and could name the values I wanted to side count, but had no way to assign the point values. Neither the manual or the "Help" feature addresses the side count feature other than the ace side count.

What I'm specifically trying to do is side count 5s vs 6s (5=-1,6=+1) for the 16 v 10 decision which comes up a lot. If the rc sum is <1 you hit ow stand. (See Griffin) I want to combine this with my usual count which is the Uston Advanced Plus Minus (3-7=+1, 10/A=-1) and test the results, both just using the 5/6 count for the 16-10 decision and UAPM for every thing else or perhaps combining them some how. (This came up on Green Chip.)

As an aside I also have tried a side count of A=+1 vs 3+-1 that I add to the running count for playing decisions in 2d. This converts the UAPM to Griffin 1 which is the most powerful level one count from a PE standpoint. I did this by using the UAPM values as a "betting side count" in betting strategies and the Griffin (4-7=+1, 10=-1) values for the primary count in playing strategies. I found that contrary to the manual, CVD doesn't add the two counts ie the primary and "betting side count" but uses the "betting side count" by itself as a separate count for betting purposes, so it's not actually a side count.

I personally have found it easier to keep the A vs 3 using my finger tips than using a level 2 count. The advantage being that unlike ace correcting for each betting decision, you're ace correcting for the occasional playing decision.

So if any of you CVD users have figured out how to use the multiparameter feature please let me know.