See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: WTF was I thinking DD at NYNY in LV

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

WTF was I thinking DD at NYNY in LV

It's been a while guys, but I've returned to card counting after an approximately one year break (experienced a $30-40K downswing playing ($50 - 2 x $600 DD and $10 - 2 x $500 shoe). Had a decent poker year (I live off $3/5 and $5/T) and figured I'd get back into this as supplementary income. Had the itch I guess.

Anyways I'm not sure if I shared this event, but I thought it was hilarious of me.

1 week trip planned for CC only in LV. First store was NYNY. DD $25 min. Decent Pen. 1 player. I was game. I bought in for $300. Within 20 minutes, I was spreading to 2 x $1200 or something ridiculous. LMFAO. Every time I ramped, the pit boss stared at me while counting some cards in his hands. Cannot recall if he back counted from the tray or not. By 30 minutes, I was down ~$5400. I attempted to bet again and then I got the boot when he pushed the chips back.

I said to the guy, but I'm down $6K!!! How you going to kick me? In an innocent childish way (I look 14 years old). I forget what he said, but there was nothing more to be said.

I should go back to the cage and request to cash out my theoretical EV!

-------

However I did have the foresight to play unrated. After the boot, I took my chips (around $2.5K) and walked out. Gave the money to a friend to cash out for me the next day (never stepped in). Pretty sure I can try that at least another time my next CC LV trip.
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 08-29-2016 at 10:02 PM.