Occasionally I venture out to one of the local stores (Vegas) and slip under the radar to play some double deck. Having been backed off at most of them, I am there to play with a "polite" ramp (2X25 - 2X150) for less than an hour and to make dinner money, if possible. The local store is on the low end of the joints and offers a $10 double deck game with 20-25 cards cut off by this dealer (her choice). I am there with a partner and we are using co-ordinated betting to "get more money down". But even so, we must "tone it down" somewhat due to our environment so he is playing with the same multiples but a $10 unit.

Action starts and soon the count goes positive and my partner is first to act and raises his bet to $50 (5 times his previous bet) and the dealer counted his bet and removed ten dollars , leaving a $40 bet, and said, "you can only raise your bet four times your previous bet".

Needless to say this caught my attention before I was to place my bet and I asked why this was required and she responded that they get a lot of card counters and this was to prevent them from making big bets. So, I asked for clarification that I could raise my bet four times my previous bet and she confirmed that to be true.

Now, unless I am missing something she took away my ability to make large jumps but gave me an ability, that they are comfortable with, to "parlay" up to damn near any number I want. So betting a hand of 25 followed by one of 100 and then one of 400 would be legal. Dumbest damn counter measure I ever heard. At any rate, couldn't close any of the big bets, so after pushing 3 times a t 2X100 my time ran out (one hour) and I left. But I will give them another chance soon.

Certainly, flat betting whatever I start with and other controls are known to me but I have not heard of this 4X thingy. I think it is close to a circular firing squad.

Others?