I just re-read Blackjack Dairy by Stuart Perry with foreword by Don. S and praise from Arnold Snyder. Just starting to climb out of my biggest losing streak, I find his story comforting however, the man won $2310 in 231 hours of play over 2 months in Las Vegas.

In the conclusion, he goes over his mistakes (playing some bad games, playing when tired etc.) but what I found weird was that I thought his attempts at cover were costly. Surprises me that it was not seen by the author or editors.

He was mostly playing $10 and $25 DD and 6 deck games. He writes about spreading from one hand of $25 to 2 x $200 but for cover purposes, he often started out with 2 x $50 at the beginning of the shuffle, often increased his bet slowly despite count being positive and the reverse. I think these cost him.

I dont know how some of you LV based guys do it, cover plays, if you have to do as much as Stuart Perry does. Where I play, in the midwest, I play a Spread of $25 to $150 or $25 to 2 x $150 at DD games and $25 to 2 x $150 at 6 deck games and I seldom have to do cover plays and when I do, its just starting out with $50, dropping down after a loss.