Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
Romes, may have missed my point a bit. Though I appreciate the advice about checking out other games. And trying to learn them, too. The issue is NOT bankroll.........the issue, like Sandybestdog stated likewise is PAUCITY of games/tables period!! It's not that there are four tables I can play at..........there are ONLY 4 tables. Table limits are not the issue it's lack of tables in number.

T-three knows where we are........but plays in a different area. I understand traveling to other towns/places/gambling areas when able. But what I'm asking the group is..........besides practicing and waiting to go to other areas........do they have suggestions on how often I should play (or not play) the local houses. I don't want to destroy what "limited" opportunities I have here and I play at a lower level now than I would traveling JUST so I continue to fly under the radar (hopefully). But if you continue to play a "winning" game...........no matter how small they are..........will that catch up to you?
I disagree. The AP is not forced to only play in his location -- It is the AP's decision to play in one location (and not travel / go full-time).

I can't think of a single game that cannot be beaten, under the proper circumstances. Ya might be able to beat the VP at one store but not 10 others. And you can probably beat BJ in 100 stores but there'll exist stores where it cannot be beaten (card-counting // and it be 'worth it'). Slot machines can be beaten at some properties but not others. The problem for many APs is that they do not know how to beat these other games. If you're exceptionally brilliant, you can figure some of these things out on your own (without anyone's help). But chances are, if you get in a network with other APs and help each other out, you'll learn something new -- you can use this new thing you learned (how to beat XYZ game/machine/table/promo/etc.) and see where else it can be applied.

Those who know how to beat other games that aren't made open to the public (ie: card counting, what bob dancer does to VP, etc.)....aren't going to share this stuff on open forums or write articles about it {AT LEAST THEY SHOULDN'T BE...}, until of course, months or years after that opportunity is all dried up and the opportunity is no longer available or rarely available or they retire, then they might write about it. You can read about something that was happening 5 years ago, but it doesn't help you much today.

If anyone's watched the series Prison Break, there's a quote from Alex Mahone, "The problem I find with being on a trail is that by definition you'll always be behind your prey."