Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
i hear this 1.5 deck 'canned' response all over (the country)...btw, happy 4th to all...try READING the regulations that are posted on the gaming board websites of the states you play in

this is from one such site:

The player or dealer making the cut shall place the cover card in the stack at least ten cards from the top or bottom of the stack. Once the cover card has been inserted, the dealer shall take all cards on top of the cover card and place them on the bottom of the stack. The dealer shall then insert the cover card in the stack at a position at least 1/4 of the way in from the bottom of the stack. The stack of cards shall then be inserted into the dealing shoe for commencement of play.

of course, the problem is that i would never actually challenge this rule as if tell the pit you actually read the gaming regulations THEY ARE CERTAIN TO REMEMBER YOU....something i avoid at all cost
This is nothing new. It is like in 1960's and 70's when there was only single deck game. A "good" dealer could track the four aces in the disposed tray. Every house had one or two to take money from whales or counters. When these dealers shuffle, they could shuffle skillfully but subtly, and clump at least three aces if not all four aces with small cards in the bottom to prevent players from getting Blackjack no matter where they cut the deck. I am surprised that it takes 10 years or 15 for ASM to implement such an old algorithm. I remember up to five or six years ago, cards from ASM felt like from good hand shuffle. Now it feels like I am combating those skillful dealers from 70's every shoe.