I love to play blackjack, and so I decided to visit a local card room near me. I take a basic strategy card with me. I have gone roughly 45 to 50 times over the past 2 months and am up $6600 to date. I "usually" walk out $100 to $250 up, but obviously have walked out a few times down and have been down many times at the table. It seems when I do get down, either immediately or for the day, if I keep playing, I win it back. Since it's such a short drive, I don't mind winning just a $100 or so and leaving. I've stayed for as little as 5 minutes, hitting about 10 hands in a row, cashing out and leaving.

The table has late surrender, can double after splits up to 4 times (except Aces (one card)), dealer hits soft 17 and the game is double deck blackjack. I think the surrender really helps.

I keep waiting for the law of averages to hit me. The pit bosses all know me now of course and said as long as I stay under the radar it's no problem. They for sure know how much I'm up since I use a player's card (they have great comps, I've gotten well over $300 in food at their excellent restaurant). So many idiots around me play so poorly and just give away their money it's scary. I tell others about surrender and they always say "I never surrender!", like it's a macho thing. What fools!

Have I just been hitting it lucky? I have no betting strategy since I don't count cards. I keep thinking I should quit, but what if I had quit when I was up only $100? I wouldn't be at $6600 now! My thinking is sacrifice 20% to try and keep winning. Once I lose the 20% call it quits. But I just can't believe that I've been so lucky, or have I found a table with basically even odds and I'm up because of the double downs and splits? Or maybe just my sporadic betting has saved me (ie getting frustrated and putting a lot of money).

Sorry to be a noob, but I need someone to tell me what kind of dream I'm in right now. It would make me sick to give back more than 20%!