I originally learned to count using KO, but have since learned to modify the KO running count to convert it to a true count (e.g., "TKO"). This was to gain more accurancy in my bet ramp and index plays, since most of the good literature out there is stated in terms of the Hi-Lo system (I18, etc.).

So here's a hypothetical situation -
In a DD game, after one deck has been dealt, the running count using KO has increased by 6, which means that the converted TC (TKO) is +2. Now what if all eight of the 7s had come out in that one deck that was dealt? Hi-Lo would have the TC at -2 because 7s are counted as zero, but TKO puts the count at +2 because the 7s are counted as +1.

So I guess my question is - am I playing with fire using TKO in a DD game due to the chance that with only two decks, my TC approximation could be way off due to a disproportionate appearance of 7s? I must say that I have had very good success with this system so far, but maybe just variance? Of course let's assume that I don't want to start keeping a side count of 7s to improve the TC conversion.

Also, it occurs to me that where the TKO count differs significantly from the Hi-Lo TC (due to a disporportionate appearance of 7s) this might be effective cover against the eye in the sky? Do they evalauate play under multiple counting systems?