Thanks Simi. I plugged in my data and as of today I am about 55% of the way to N0 in terms of hands played. I am well below EV expectations now, though I remain ahead for now. I read Arnold Snyder (who I was lucky enough to correspond with in the past) 's articles on losing.

As for everyone else, thank you for your wise advice. I think I should add that in my country the conditions that I am getting are probably the best I will ever get. I do make an effort to avoid crowded tables and play heads-up or with one other player. And eventually, barring being banned, I will get back all my losses. All my losses are due to negative variation only. Eventually, over my lifetime, I will approach EV times hands played. The underlying process has never been known to fail.

In the meantime, I will do a moderate amount of practice on Blackjack Verite. It's a great way of spending the time while you wait for your bus to take you home, and at the airport lounge. I'm very lucky* that in doing so, I don't get bored.

*sarcastic aside