Thread: Twitter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Twitter

Some time back, I created a Twitter account to implement a feature in CVBJ that showed new threads posted here while you practiced. The idea was to reduce the tedium of practice. Basically, I used twitter by tweeting each new thread and programming CV to read the tweets. Twitter kept changing their interface, so I changed CV to use RSS instead, which I control. Meanwhile, new threads kept tweeting and some people used it to follow new threads.

Twitter is now marking all these links as potentially harmful even though its own page on the subject gives this site a clean bill of health. Could be that one of the stalkers that has been hacking and filing complaints with services all over the ‘Net related to me filed bogus complaints. As there is no way to contact Twitter, and I now use RSS anyhow, I closed the account deleting the 5,000+ tweets. Those that used Twitter to follow this site can use RSS.

Of course JStat and Ouchez are now posting that this means CV is malware.

Apologies to anyone that was using Twitter to follow new threads.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-13-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse