Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
Well you know that isn't going to fly.
Point is, dealer didn't know what to do, and you don't want to be in a situation where the dealer takes your money, pays your partial insurance, locks up the rest.......then has to call over the floor. And, it was pretty funny, though. Dealer was like a deer caught in head-lights. Perhaps because a boss was standing right there beside her, not helping her at all. She tried about every thing she could do, she asked the PB what to do, he didn't say a word at first -- she tried taking my insurance wager, and boss saying "noo...try again", then returning it without paying it, and boss "nooo....try again", taking my BJ wager and using it to pay off my insurance wager, and he's like "not quite try it again" or something, then she tried doing something else. I told her a few times, "My BJ bet is a push but I win my insurance bet 2 to 1". Not blaming the dealer -- that's probably the first time that situation ever happened to her, and sometimes our brains 'turn off' if something occurs that we've never experienced.

Had the boss not been there, he could have been called over.....after she made a mistake of taking my BJ bet or whatever she tried to do. Or surveillance being called to verify what happened and how much was wagered. Not something I want.

Point is, just be careful if you insure for less. They might even view you as a shot-taker, after all, some dealers simply return the insurance bet without taking your original bet (same net outcome, if insured for a full half-bet). But if you insure for less and dealer did that, you'd be getting overpaid. And for those questioning my decision for insuring for less than a half bet, I've only done it once before -- several things have to happen for me to take insurance for less. Else, I insure if the count warrants it or don't insure if it doesn't.