Early into the 8th month of the year and my blackjack results have slipped into the red for the YEAR. I have played just over 47,000 rounds and am down a couple hundred dollars. I am not posting my results to vent or complain and I am not crying variance. I hesitated to share these results but decided to because there have been a number instances on a couple of the sites that I participate on, where new posters have posted their plans to begin play, whether attempting to play for a living or part-time and their plans have included playing underfunded, with a high RoR. It seems some of these folks have little understanding of ‘the long run’. My results for the year show just how long the long run can be. And just imagine what can happen in the short run.

Now, in fairness, my style of play, playing a large rotation of local games, some barely playable by my liberal standard, meaning a high N0, coupled with the fact that I play many different games, including bet spreads and max bets, based on what I determine each location's tolerance level to be, means that I am playing to a very high total N0. This choice has definitely come back to bite me in the ass, so far this year.

I am a ‘grinder’ type player, meaning I play a lot, more than I suspect most full-time players do, and I figure that I will eventually get to this higher N0, that I have set for myself in my longevity trade off. Results so far this year are severely testing that thought process along with my patience. I have already begun tweaking my game plan, moving more towards the better games and opportunities and lower N0, for the remainder of the years and at year’s end, when I re-evaluate, may do so on a permanent basis.