See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Suggestions for suggestive dealers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by genini1 View Post
    The only problem I have with raising the bet after their advice is it tends to engender a sense of entitlement. They gave you advice on what to do so they deserve a reward for that and if you are red chipping then cover plays like upping your bet in bad counts and tipping to avoid an early exit can seriously eat into your bottom line.
    Entitlement? Well, I don't know about that. Of course I play at small joints where they all know me and we all get along. As far as eating at my bottom line, this is just something to do every once in a while. I would only want to do this if the circumstances were what was stated previously. You and the rest of the table are winning even though the count is neutral or slightly negative. This doesn't happen often as this is just a short-term reality of the cards sometimes. You win even though the count isn't good.

So………...…if this happens (which it doesn't all the time) AND the dealer happens to make these comments about raising the bet, why not? I would do this much less often than even tipping. It's a rare circumstance that both of these things happen at the same time. Surely I can afford to risk one unit in these precise circumstances to look like I believe in luck.

I do appreciate your scrutiny nevertheless. It makes us all better players to examine such things and I can certainly appreciate your policy of cutting expenses as much as possible.
    Last edited by counter19; 02-16-2014 at 09:58 AM.