Thread: Agattu: Hjow much was this worth?

Agattu

Agattu: Hjow much was this worth?

Recently, I found a dealer in northern Nevada who flashed the burn card( in a single deck game) virtually every time ( when sitting at 3rd base). I'm wondering what the approximate value of this information is. I play KO with a 1-6 spread. Generally I start with a 2 unit bet, but against this dealer I was betting 1 unit off the top if the burn card was a high card, 3 or 4 units if it was a low card. Of course I incorporated burn card into the count. Should I have been using this info differently? Btw, I got creamed during this session!

lllulllzzz

lllulllzzz: Re: Hjow much was this worth?

Increases your effective penetration by one-card

Winrate will increase -depends on your actual penetration..

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: Sounds Like You Played Correctly

Agattu,

Essentially, the penetration was 1 card (roughly 2% at SD) better with this information than without it. If the BC was small, then your first bet was at a RC of +1: what is your "normal" +1 bat? Similarly, for a large BC, your RC is -1, so a minimum bet is appropriate.

Dog Hand

G Man

G Man: Re: Hjow much was this worth?

> Recently, I found a dealer in northern Nevada who
    > flashed the burn card( in a single deck game)
    > virtually every time ( when sitting at 3rd base). I'm
    > wondering what the approximate value of this
    > information is. I play KO with a 1-6 spread. Generally
    > I start with a 2 unit bet, but against this dealer I
    > was betting 1 unit off the top if the burn card was a
    > high card, 3 or 4 units if it was a low card. Of
    > course I incorporated burn card into the count. Should
    > I have been using this info differently? Btw, I got
    > creamed during this session!

A small card as a burn card will raise your expectation about 0.5% which means you are playing an even game in Nortthern Nevada. I would have played a normal game (2 units off the top) only cutting back to one unit if a big card was burned.

Agattu

Agattu: Re: Hjow much was this worth?

Thanks for the responses. Dog Hand, my bet at +1 is the minimum, 1 unit. Assume I have a 1% edge without seeing the burn card. Anyone card to estimate my edge with the extra information? I think the dealer was varying between RO6 and RO7.

[email protected]: Re: Hjow much was this worth?

> Thanks for the responses. Dog Hand, my bet at +1 is
    > the minimum, 1 unit. Assume I have a 1% edge without
    > seeing the burn card. Anyone card to estimate my edge
    > with the extra information? I think the dealer was
    > varying between RO6 and RO7.

Remember your 1% edge is due mostly to your bet spread at higher counts. You do not have a 1% edge off the top of a freshly shuffled deck, in fact you are at a slight disadvantage. Seeing one low card probably brings you close to dead even (still a 1 unit bet). You have a 1% edge because you are betting 6 units when you have a 2% edge or greater later on in the deck. If a +1 count (irc=0) calls for a 1 unit bet why were you betting 3 or 4 units? You should have bet as little as possible with regards to cover. Seeing the burn card is good and it should be counted but not as big an advantage as you think.