Thread: ms069279: K-O Key Count in 8-Decks?

ms069279

ms069279: K-O Key Count in 8-Decks?

Anyone else notice that for an 8-Deck game with a K-O IRC of -28, it takes a very long time for a shoe to get positive or at least to the key-count of -6? I often find myself flat-betting for the majority of the shoe, and often with only 4-5 rounds with a greater than 1 unit bet out there (as per K-O spread and ramp).

Thoughts?

Tks,

MCS

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: K-O Key Count in 8-Decks?

Yes, it takes a long time for the advantage to swing in your favor with 8 decks, if at all.

> Anyone else notice that for an 8-Deck game with a K-O
    > IRC of -28, it takes a very long time for a shoe to
    > get positive or at least to the key-count of -6? I
    > often find myself flat-betting for the majority of the
    > shoe, and often with only 4-5 rounds with a greater
    > than 1 unit bet out there (as per K-O spread and
    > ramp).

> Thoughts?

> Tks,

> MCS

ms069279

ms069279: Re: K-O Key Count in 8-Decks?

Thanks Norm,

can you suggest a better/more effective level 1 count w/o need for true count conversion?

Tks,

MCS

Jay

Jay: Re: K-O Key Count in 8-Decks?

There's a couple things I have been known to do using K-O in multiple deck shoes.

First is a "guesstimate" true count. I use IRC=0, so for every deck in the discard rack, the count should average +4. So if the count is +8 after one deck is out I may double up my bet until it evens out again or goes positive at +22.

Second (I got this from one of Henry Tamburin's books) is to do a positive bet progression during the early shoe (I do 1-2-3-4-5). It doesn't add any mathematical advantage, but you won't feel silly when the table goes on a tear and the ploppies are all making money hand over fist pressing their bets while you flat the minimum. It also adds cover, as your raises during + counts aren't as obvious.

The best solution is to back count & wong in, but I know this isn't always practical in busy places.