Thread: zoomie: The best player to join you at the table

zoomie

zoomie: The best player to join you at the table

I much prefer playing heads up to maximize win/hr, but I also have an absolute favorite player whom I love to see join me. This person is an older local, missing several front teeth, plays minimum stakes (poorly) ALL DAY 3 days a week, never stops talking, picks fights with players, dealers, managers, cocktail servers and, when we first met, me. Now this person is friendly to me, but will call out anyone for a perceived slight - "You may be the shift supervisor, but you came in with an attitude tonight!"

Needless to say, the managers hate this person and stay away as much as possible. When they do come around, we exchange knowing winks and smiles. They like me, give me good ratings for comps, and are not about to sweat my play. What great cover!

chili palmer

chili palmer: Re: The best player to join you at the table

From my experience, the best player to join me at a table is when I'm playing heads up, and some random high roller joins me and takes all the heat off me.

Couple years ago, I was playing black, heads up, double deck at the Strip. Out of nowhere, an elderly Chinese lady sidles up next to me and starts playing. $5,000 per hand, mind you. The PC immediately changes the min to $5K. Here I am playing measly black and suddenly, I'm grandfathered into a $5K game. No more camo...I can fire and spread at will with no heat whatsoever! And no other players jumping in and out of the game.
    The impression I got was that the Chinese lady wanted me to stay at the table because she would not play alone, and at the same time, the PC wanted me to stay, since I was kind of a shill, bringing in the high roller to the table who normally would not have joined had I not been there. And the PC knew that by my staying at the table, they were getting prolonged action from the whale.