Thread: Aruuba: Table 9.10 Question for Don

Aruuba

Aruuba: Table 9.10 Question for Don

I've been trying to figure out optimal spreads (more or less manually) and just wondered if there was the slightest chance that if, in the last full paragraph on page 161, when you mention the unit size changing to $116 when spreading 1-2 and entering at TC+2, that it could possibly be a typo for $126 instead of $116?

Is Table 9.10 based on Table 10.51?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Table 9.10 Question for Don

> I've been trying to figure out optimal spreads (more
    > or less manually)

Good luck! :-)

> and just wondered if there was the
    > slightest chance that if, in the last full paragraph
    > on page 161, when you mention the unit size changing
    > to $116 when spreading 1-2 and entering at TC+2, that
    > it could possibly be a typo for $126 instead of $116?

No.

> Is Table 9.10 based on Table 10.51?

Yes and no. They purport to study the same game and the same rules, but they were done by different people (John and Norm), using different software, and different methods for calculating TC (truncating vs. rounding). The results, while similar, are, therefore, not identical, and that includes the size of the units.

You have a sharp eye, nonetheless! :-)

Don

Aruuba

Aruuba: Re: Table 9.10 Question for Don

> No.

I was so happy when I got $43 for the 1-12 spread and when I used a 126-252 spread it seemed to come out to 88% of the first win rate.

Guess a coincidence.

Maybe that explains why the "traditional" approach was 1-12 at TC+1 but not when you get to the CH 10 tables?

Anyway, next time you say something can't be seen on the charts, I'll take your word for it!

Knew it was a longshot - just had to ask. Like I'm gonna find a typo!

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: "Like I'm gonna find a typo!" LOL! It's been known to happen ;-) *NM*

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Just found a new one

After more than a year, I just found a new one a couple of days ago, completely by accident:

Pages 84 and 85, Tables 6.14 and 6.14A, respectively: The number of hands for the true count of 1, ?23399886,? should be ?2339886.?

When you look at it, the (wrong) number jumps right off the page. Problem is, who ever looks at it? :-)

Don

21forme

21forme: Re: Just found a new one

> Pages 84 and 85, Tables 6.14 and 6.14A, respectively:
    > The number of hands for the true count of 1,
    > ?23399886,? should be ?2339886.?
    > Don

No wonder I lost last week!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: LOL!! :-)

Very funny! :-)

Don