Thread: BlodiaInc: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MGP

MGP: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

If you're logic held there would be no difference in strategy between when redoubling was allowed and when it wasn't and that isn't the case.

BlodiaInc

BlodiaInc: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

> If you're logic held there would be no difference in
    > strategy between when redoubling was allowed and when
    > it wasn't and that isn't the case.

Is Kat not around anymore? =(

Seems she disappeared after the book was released...

21forme

21forme: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

> Is Kat not around anymore? =(

> Seems she disappeared after the book was released...

I believe the timeline is about right that she's near the end of her pregnacy. Perhaps that is her primary focus at the moment...

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

> I believe the timeline is about right that she's near
    > the end of her pregnacy. Perhaps that is her primary
    > focus at the moment...

No, not the case. There are some health issues in the family, and they have consumed all of Kat's time at the moment.

Don

Aruuba

Aruuba: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

> If you're logic held there would be no difference in
    > strategy between when redoubling was allowed and when
    > it wasn't and that isn't the case.

Well, you're probably right but when re-doubling is allowed in effect you get to hit your hand again but when re-doubling is not allowed one's only options after that first double is to either stand or forfeit.

I just meant, and just guessing obviously, but given BS when re-doubling is allowed, but the second and 3rd redoubles being limited to 3 and 4 units of original bet rather than 4 and 8, I guess it could make a difference but if the second double makes sense to fully double wouldn't it still make sense to double for less?

I thought the question here was whether BS for when re-doubling is allowed would change if 2nd and 3rd doubles were limited to one original unit.

Like you say I guess you never know until you do it the right way. I'm just speculating for the fun of it. The easy answer, practically, is maybe just start with a half table max bet and your're covered through the second double anyway. That 3rd double can't happen very often can it? Is one actually allowed 3 re-doubles making for 16 orig bets out?

Are there alot of BJ BS doubles that would be incorrect if doubling was limited to only half original bet?

MGP

MGP: Re: Spanish 21 Redouble BS Question

> Are there alot of BJ BS doubles that would be
    > incorrect if doubling was limited to only half
    > original bet?

You could use the tables provided by Cacarulo in BJA3 or on BJMath or use the tables on the Wizard's site and check. If you're limiting a regular double to 1.5 times the bet instead of 2 times the bet - take the EV's for doubling and multiply them by 0.75 and see if the EV is still greater than that of the other plays.

It's trickier with redoubling since not all subsequent hands are redoubled and it would take a lot of reprogramming.