Thread: zoomie: SP21 Kat Count

zoomie

zoomie: SP21 Kat Count

I have searched and searched, but cannot find Katarina's post where she laid out the "Kat Count." Can someone point me to it pls? TIA

zoomie

zoomie: Found It *NM* *NM*

Katarina Walker

Katarina Walker: Re: SP21 Kat Count

I'm going to be putting out indices for the Kat COunt eventually. At the moment, there are no indices, so you will make more money playing Hi-Lo with indices than Kat Count with no indices. This is because indices are more profitable in SP21 than in BJ (e.g. you increase your win rate by 2.15 fold when using all indices) (Assumes optimal betting, 80% pen). Indice are more profitable in Spanish 21 simply because there is more scope for play variation. e.g. for stiff hands, as the count goes up, in BJ, all you can do is start standing on 12 versus 2 and 3. In Spanish 21, you can start standing on 14 versus 3, then 13 versus 5, then 14 versus 2, then 13 versus 4, then 13 versus 3, then. etc. etc. You get the idea. Same with doubling on nine, doubling on ten, and splitting. The glass is only half full for Sp21 basic strategy, instead of almost all full, as in BJ. So there is lots of room to pour more moonshine in the glass.

AutomaticMonkey

AutomaticMonkey: Re: SP21 Kat Count

> I'm going to be putting out indices for the Kat COunt
    > eventually. At the moment, there are no indices, so
    > you will make more money playing Hi-Lo with indices
    > than Kat Count with no indices. This is because
    > indices are more profitable in SP21 than in BJ (e.g.
    > you increase your win rate by 2.15 fold when using all
    > indices) (Assumes optimal betting, 80% pen). Indice
    > are more profitable in Spanish 21 simply because there
    > is more scope for play variation. e.g. for stiff
    > hands, as the count goes up, in BJ, all you can do is
    > start standing on 12 versus 2 and 3. In Spanish 21,
    > you can start standing on 14 versus 3, then 13 versus
    > 5, then 14 versus 2, then 13 versus 4, then 13 versus
    > 3, then. etc. etc. You get the idea. Same with
    > doubling on nine, doubling on ten, and splitting. The
    > glass is only half full for Sp21 basic strategy,
    > instead of almost all full, as in BJ. So there is lots
    > of room to pour more moonshine in the glass.

What I've found is that more power comes from the surrender on 16 vs. 10 and 16 vs. A indices than all the others put together. Kind of like the way the Hit/Stand 16 vs. 10 index works in BJ. So it seems even more profound: you get the power of using a whole new rule at high counts with the indices.

Being the indices contribute so much but at the same time the ace is just so powerful for betting correlation, my next project is to develop an ace-neutral system with ace sidecount. That should really score. Where surrender plays are concerned the playing value of the 8 and 9 go up, so I was thinking a simple level 1 count with 2-6 as +1 and 8-10 as -1, plus the sidecount of course. Sound interesting?