Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: young gun: what is my effective spread?

Magician

Magician: Re: Some Numbers

> For some reason, the bet schedule didn't come out the
    > way I thought I wrote it. I don't know why this was
    > but I can see why it wasn't clear.

Angled brackets have special significance in web pages. The forum software apparently thought you were trying to embed HTML into your post and got confused. The simplest solution is to avoid using them if possible, and make use of the Preview Message button to ensure that your message appears the way you intend.

young gun

young gun: Thank you. *NM*

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: New Numbers

young gun,

Ok, I ran two sims: one using your bet schedule; the other using a 1:10 spread. In each case, the player plays heads up with a max bet of $600. Thus, the "units" in the 1:10 spread are $60, while in your bet schedule the units are $50... that's because the bets in CVData have to be whole numbers, so I used 2x1, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, and 1x12.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Effective Spread

Monday, December 10, 2007, 11:55 PM

[/b]

[/b]Summary

Here a summary by seat or player is displayed. Hands skipped indicates hands not played due to "Wonging." Action is Total $ bet per hour and Win Rate is $ won per hour. IBA is advantage related to the Initial Bet (before double downs.) Std. Devs. are always by player and DI is Desirability Index as defined by BJ Attack.

Hands$/HourUnits
    W/L
    Advan.Std DevPerformance
    SeatPlayedSkip%ActionWinRateUnits
    W/L
    TBA%IBA%SEHandHour100ShoeDISCOREN0Factor
    1316,966,4242.0145e849.6%$12,264$151.981.2159e71.2391.4410.046.3945.0563.9532.74.7522.5944,261.904

Strategies

SeatPlaying StrategyBetting Strategy
    1Complete High-Low Young Gun

Totals

Rounds: 400,000,000
    Hands: 316,966,424
    Shoes: 7,597,073
    Hours: 4,000,000

Effective Spread

Monday, December 10, 2007, 11:55 PM

[/b]

[/b]Summary

Here a summary by seat or player is displayed. Hands skipped indicates hands not played due to "Wonging." Action is Total $ bet per hour and Win Rate is $ won per hour. IBA is advantage related to the Initial Bet (before double downs.) Std. Devs. are always by player and DI is Desirability Index as defined by BJ Attack.

Hands$/HourUnits
    W/L
    Advan.Std DevPerformance
    SeatPlayedSkip%ActionWinRateUnits
    W/L
    TBA%IBA%SEHandHour100ShoeDISCOREN0Factor
    1222,775,8081.8339e854.2%$7,277.75$104.576,971,4761.4371.679.0233.4725.5034.6619.85.0325.2939,5411.012

Strategies

SeatPlaying StrategyBetting Strategy
    1Complete High-Low 1-10 Spread

Totals

Rounds: 400,000,000
    Hands: 222,775,808
    Shoes: 6,605,118
    Hours: 4,000,000

young gun

young gun: one question

Thank you.

The the 10 to 1 spread outperformed the 6 to 1 spread by a SCORE of 25.29 to 22.59. In checking bjstats.com for the SCORES of this game using both of these spreads, the 10 to 1 spread gets 27.99 and the 6 to 1 gets 16.53. So as I expected, this closed the gap in SCORES by about 80%. Using my strategy with just a 7 to 1 spread would probably give the two spreads equal SCORES.

My only question is why is the 10:1 spread sitting out 5% more hands than the 6:1. I would think it the opposite, since the 6:1 spread is eating more cards in the early rounds, thus should get to a TC of -2 faster. Any thoughts on that?

thanks DH for running those numbers.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: one question

"I would think it the opposite, since the 6:1 spread is eating more cards in the early rounds, thus should get to a TC of -2 faster."

How do you "get" to a certain TC? You can't force a TC to happen. The tendency of the TC is to remain exactly where it is at the moment. The expected TC, after the next hand is played, is to be exactly the same as what it was before the hand was played.

Not sure I understand your comment.

Don

young gun

young gun: Re: one question

> How do you "get" to a certain TC? You can't
    > force a TC to happen. The tendency of the TC is to
    > remain exactly where it is at the moment. The expected
    > TC, after the next hand is played, is to be exactly
    > the same as what it was before the hand was played.

The expected value of the true count does not change, but my thinking was that by playing 2 hands off the top, you are using more cards for each round, so the true count will fluctuate more per round than it would by starting off with one hand, reaching -2 in less rounds on average when playing two spots.

Does that make sense?

young gun

young gun: Re: one question

> How do you "get" to a certain TC? You can't
    > force a TC to happen. The tendency of the TC is to
    > remain exactly where it is at the moment. The expected
    > TC, after the next hand is played, is to be exactly
    > the same as what it was before the hand was played.

The expected value of the true count does not change. My thinking was that by playing 2 hands off the top, you are using more cards for each round, so the true count will fluctuate more per round than it would by starting off with one hand. In this way then TC reaches -2 in fewer average rounds when playing two spots.

Does that make sense?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: one question

> The expected value of the true count does not change.
    > My thinking was that by playing 2 hands off the top,
    > you are using more cards for each round, so the true
    > count will fluctuate more per round than it would by
    > starting off with one hand. In this way then TC
    > reaches -2 in fewer average rounds when playing two
    > spots.

> Does that make sense?

In a way, but it kind of states the obvious: If the count is going to go from zero to -2, you're better off betting two hands of a half unit than one hand of one unit. But, you're best off betting ONE hand of a half unit!

Don

MJ

MJ: Re: New Numbers

What is the ROR for each player? Also, how many rounds are dealt per hour? I don't see how the software comes up with the Hourly SD figures for each of the players.

MJ

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: Replies

What is the ROR for each player? Also, how many rounds are dealt per hour? I don't see how the software comes up with the Hourly SD figures for each of the players.

MJ,

The sim had the player playing 100 rounds per hour... you can tell this by looking at the 400-million rounds played in 4 million hours.

For the 1:10 one-hand spread, the player plays 54.2 rounds/hour with a SD of 3.47/round. Thus, the hourly SD is 3.47*sqrt(54.2) = 25.546.../hour.

For the Young Gun spread, the player plays 49.6 rounds/hour with a SD of 6.39/round. Thus, the hourly SD is 6.39*sqrt(49.6) = 45.003.../hour.

As for RoR, that depends on the player's bankroll, which was not specified.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

MJ

MJ: Re: Replies

> Hope this helps!

Thanks that certainly helped.

One other question. For the Young Gun spread, how does the software compute 49.6% rounds played? 317M/518M /= 0.496.

Played Skipped % Played
    316,966,424 2.0145e8 49.6%

For the 1 to 10 spread, the math works out.

MJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12