Thread: pereira: Ace Prediction by David McDowell

pereira

pereira: Ace Prediction by David McDowell

is it effective technique? Does this cost to read?

21forme

21forme: Re: Ace Prediction by David McDowell

> is it effective technique? Does this cost to read?

I recently purchased the book. I found it not very helpful.

pereira

pereira: could you describe

his system in short?

21forme

21forme: Re: could you describe

> his system in short?

Basically what he's doing is analyzing shuffles and finding sections of the deck where the cards don't mix well or mix with some predictablility. He then identifies a key card (the one just above the Ace in the discards) to predict when the Ace will appear.

I've read on some of the BJ boards that there are some flaws in his mathematics, mainly having to do with betting strategy.

IMO, the book has some interesting ideas, but you'll need to do a lot more than read this book to be able to Ace sequence.

rainer

rainer: Re: could you describe

OK ,interesting to read, but his math is absolutely wrong.
    The book is importend to read for a beginning ace Tracker, but you have to create your own advantages.
    The best is, i call it the sandwich card, what i learned from the book.
    If there is an ace as second key card, you only have to remember the first key card, and that happens very often.
    Again the ace,the first key card and then comes,if you are lucky, the target card.
    ace tracking depends of the shuffle,
    to make it simple, learn to remember at least 6 times 2
    cards per every shoe from above the ace and you have to
    controll the cards when they come out in the next round.

If you are able to remember a deck of 52 cards in less than
    2 minutes you are at the best way.
    I can doe it in less than 1 minute.
    The world record by Brian Pridmore UK is 26 seconds.

the best rainer

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: I would agree, with some additions.

1. Do not trust the critics. They have motives that clearly affected their comments. Particularly when you look at the obvious attempt to destroy the book by a competitor. (For disgusting motives BTW.) One person wrote multiple detailed negative criticisms on the math despite the fact that he had never seen the book. I believe this was one of the most shameful, embarrassing events in all of BJ history. Where people could have helped - they....

2. That said, the idiocy following the introduction of this book was so severe that no one has independently looked at results.

3. The book examines a style of play that requires one key card. Using only one key card clearly limits results.

4. Having said that, the book does describe the concept of using key cards for Ace Prediction. And that is the heart of beating BJ via Ace Prediction. And this is a clearly valuable method of beating BJ and the only published source that comes to mind.

5. I would be hard pressed to name a book on BJ that has zero flaws.

Which is to say - if you look at everything - you should look at this.