Thread: Blackjack Hack: ROR and expenses ? for Don

Blackjack Hack

Blackjack Hack: ROR and expenses ? for Don

I am sure you are familiar with the article by MathProf "Effect of Overhead on Risk of Ruin".

Can you put the concepts in simpler terms?

Is there anything you would add to the article?

Thnx

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: ROR and expenses ? for Don

> I am sure you are familiar with the article by
    > MathProf "Effect of Overhead on Risk of
    > Ruin".

> Can you put the concepts in simpler terms?

> Is there anything you would add to the article?

Am rushing to do a lot of last-minute stuff before leaving on a short vacation. So, I'll be brief.

Naturally, the math in the article is all fine, but not all people look at the cost of doing business as an integral part of the calculation. There's no "right" answer, and to each his own, but I have always preferred to keep the ROR and bet-sizing, etc., "pure," segregating a playing bankroll from the money needed to cover the cost of doing business. That is, I prefer to say that, over a year, or whatever, x is my bankroll, and separate from that amount, I understand that I will need an additional y to cover overhead, expenses, etc.

You don't have to look at it that way, but I simply feel that it isn't the cards' fault if, one trip, you have to pay for your air ticket and the next one, you don't. You shouldn't really be playing differently for the two trips.

Don

MJ

MJ: Re: Where can I find MathProf's article? *NM*

Al Rogers

Al Rogers: Link to article

MJ

MJ: Re: Thanks Al *NM*