Thread: Norm Wattenberger: REKO Single Deck

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: REKO Single Deck

As single deck isn't quite dead yet and I keep receiving requests for a single deck version of REKO; I have extended REKO to cover SD. Five indexes have been added. Like all other REKO indexes, they are all +2. Performance of REKO and KO Preferred single deck are nearly identical. REKO updated is described at the below:

Jay

Jay: Re: REKO Single Deck

Thanks Norm for the update! I'll be playing some single deck a week from now or so on my upcoming Vegas trip.

Now maybe I'm just a bit dense, but some of the indeces are confusing me. Specifically 12v4, 13v2 & 3, and 12v5 & 6. BS is to stand on all of these. Are you saying to hit these hands at 2+? That doesn't seem right, and I can't imagine the BS change would be to double. Thanks for the clarification.

Jay

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: REKO Single Deck

Hit < +2. When there are more small cards.

> Thanks Norm for the update! I'll be playing some
    > single deck a week from now or so on my upcoming Vegas
    > trip.

> Now maybe I'm just a bit dense, but some of the
    > indeces are confusing me. Specifically 12v4, 13v2
    > & 3, and 12v5 & 6. BS is to stand on all of
    > these. Are you saying to hit these hands at 2+? That
    > doesn't seem right, and I can't imagine the BS change
    > would be to double. Thanks for the clarification.

> Jay

Jay

Jay: Re: REKO Single Deck

Thanks, that makes more sense, even though I would think the index of plus 2 seems a little high. But if it needed a different index, then it wouldn't be RE, right?

I can't wait to watch the BS players' eyes bulge out when I start hitting those stiffs. Just out of curiosity, how much extra do those plays add to the edge? If you need a bet level I bet $10 off the top, up to 30 max at +5, and down to $5 at count 1 or less.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: REKO Single Deck

> I can't wait to watch the BS players' eyes bulge out
    > when I start hitting those stiffs. Just out of
    > curiosity, how much extra do those plays add to the
    > edge?

Depends on a lot of variables. Single deck is very sensitive to everything.