Thread: Norm's Fan: How do I get CVCX going from 1 hand to 2 hands? thanks *NM*

Norm's Fan

Norm's Fan: How do I get CVCX going from 1 hand to 2 hands? thanks *NM*

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: How do I get CVCX going from 1 hand to 2 hands? thanks

Only works in V4. Click on the Two Hands option. A spinner appears to the right. Change the spinner to the count at which you wish to go to two hands.

Norm's Fan

Norm's Fan: Re: Norm, I have v.4. May be I am blind I don't see it. *NM*

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Norm, I have v.4. May be I am blind I don't see it.

Only works with floored or truncated strategies in this release.

MJ

MJ: Re: Problem

> Only works with floored or truncated strategies in
    > this release.

Why is it when I click on freeze custom bets and then alter the Bet Spread, the Custom Bet schedule automatically changes to 2 hands while the optimal remains at one hand? The Play Two Hands feature is not even selected.

Also, if you do the above the software erroneously gives the same exact Win Rate and SD/Hr despite two very different bet schedules. Seems like a bug.

MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Problem

Oops. Misplaced parenthesis. I just uploaded a new release.

MJ

MJ: Another problem?

I didn't download the fix yet but I just noticed something else. Select Backcount and Departure Adjustment for KO-P and there is a HUGE discrepancy between N0 and Hands to Double. In this case N0 = 35k and HTD = 9k.

With Hi-Lo, it is 21k and 15k respectively. For play all games, these two figures are nearly identical, regardless of the counting system.

I never quite understood the difference between N0 and HTD, looking at it from a mathematical perspective that is. Based on the Hi-Lo sim, the Win Rate is $67.55/Hr and HTD = 14,804 hands.

If 100 hands/Hr are dealt, that yields a WR of $0.6755/Hand.
    $0.6755/Hand x 14,804 hands = $10,000.10 The problem here is that the BR is $20k, NOT $10k. We have not played a sufficient # of hands such that out BR has been doubled, in fact we have only played enough to generate 50% BR.

I would argue that the HTD a 20k bank, given the info above, is $20k/($0.6755/Hand) ~ 29,608 Hands. What am I missing?

I'll dl the fix when I get a chance. Any idea when the new 2 hands feature will be extended to KO?

MJ

MJ

MJ: Re: A different problem

> Oops. Misplaced parenthesis. I just uploaded a new
    > release.

I dl the update. If you select Backcount and then Departure Adjustment, for some odd reason N0 shoots up through the roof!
    The DA feature should reduce N0, not increase it.

MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Another problem?

> I didn't download the fix yet but I just noticed
    > something else. Select Backcount and Departure
    > Adjustment for KO-P and there is a HUGE discrepancy
    > between N0 and Hands to Double. In this case N0 = 35k
    > and HTD = 9k....

Different assumptions from when N0 was on a different page. I've brought them into line in the latest update. Same answer for the post below.

> Any idea when the
    > new 2 hands feature will be extended to KO?

That's a toughy. I haven't figured out a way to do this yet. It is far more difficult to determine the change in hands effects on count frequencies with an unbalanced count.

MJ

MJ: Re: Another problem?

> Different assumptions from when N0 was on a different
    > page. I've brought them into line in the latest
    > update. Same answer for the post below.

1) What are the new assumptions for N0?

2) Why does the software give a figure for HTD that only halves the BR? See my math above, as it illustrates what I mean. You did not address this.

3) I still do not understand how on earth selecting a DA can INCREASE N0. Remember, a DA allows us to play more hands in advantageous situations, thereby increasing our SC0RE and reducing our N0 as a consequence. Maybe this will make sense when you clarify what the new assumptions are for N0.
    I think the old style of DA was based upon WiWo...dunno if that has changed though.

MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Another problem?

N0 was on another page before that did not consider the estimated departure adjustment. DA is an after-the-fact estimation. Now that they're on the same page it makes sense to apply the DA which I did in the latest update.