Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sebastian: Need advice/input from all professionals-What's that 1 thing you'll pass on

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Revised advice

> Your question got me to thinking; so here, in order of
    > importance, are the FOUR ingredients of success:

> 1. DISCIPLINE

> 2. "Luck" (i.e., variance)

> 3. Money Management

> 4. Skill

I'm pretty proficient at numbers 1, 3, and 4. Can you give me some advice as to how to improve number 2, please? :-)

Thanks.

Don

Magician

Magician: Re: Revised advice

> I'm pretty proficient at numbers 1, 3, and 4. Can you
    > give me some advice as to how to improve number 2,
    > please? :-)

The beauty is, as long as you're properly bankrolled, the more you play the less it matters.

OldCootFromVA

OldCootFromVA: Re: Revised advice

> Can you give me some advice as to how to improve
    > number 2, please? :-)

I can't, but there's a guy over on Wong's site who swears that you can, using astrology .

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Revised advice

> I can't, but there's a guy over on Wong's site who
    > swears that you can, using astrology.

I read it. He's either brain-dead, or a troll, trying to foment trouble. More disturbing are the number of intelligent people who responded to him, not once but 10 times, trying to explain why he was wrong. I think those who responded are just as ridiculous, for perpetuating the thread, as the one who posted originally.

Write garbage like that on this site, and the whole thread lasts 30 seconds. ;-)

Don

90% luck?

90% luck?: Re: Need advice/input from all professionals-What's that 1 thing you'll pas

> Realize the game is 90% variance and 35% skill

What do you mean 90% variance? Doesn't it become less of a factor over time?

OldCootFromVA

OldCootFromVA: Re: Need advice/input from all professionals-What's that 1 thing you'll pas

> What do you mean 90% variance? Doesn't it become less
    > of a factor over time?

PMFJI....

...but I think his point is you must be prepared to weather (both psychologically and bankroll-wise) those frustrating losing streaks you ARE going to experience.

Yes, the law of large numbers means you WILL come out ahead in the long run. But if you get wiped out or psyched out before that happens....

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Re: Revised advice

He's either brain-dead, or a troll, trying to foment trouble.

Given that approaching the laws of chance using shamans, witches, astrologers, pendulum swingers, etc, is a little bit out of fashion :-), your second option looks appropriate here. Dealing with these guys seems to be an inveterate problem that most Internet forums do have. Btw, feeding a troll with any type of answers is like trying to get rid of flames, by throwing more fuel inside. A hopeless strategy.

Zf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12