Thread: westtex2121: bj attack 3 question

westtex2121

westtex2121: bj attack 3 question

Last year I asked Don a simple question, he probably answered a thousand times before. He graciously gave me the infomation I requested and said I should consider buying BJ Attack 3 which I did, it is a fantastic book with great charts.

On page 241 5/6 s17 das ls pa opt (1/16) the score is 58.52.

My questions:
    1. If I use total camouflage method in chapter 7 will it drop the score to about 30.00?

2. Since we can't bet optimally if I take 75% of the optimal numbers and round them to 2 practical hands(assuming I am not playing alone), and play the total camouflage how much of the original score of 58.52 can be retained? Will ROR remain the same?

$14= 15
    $40=25-25
    $86=50-50
    $133=100-100
    $183=125-125
    $228=175-175

3. If I sit out 1/2 of the shoes that fall below -2 how much will that effect the score?

Thanks for the help and the great book

westtex

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: bj attack 3 question

> Last year I asked Don a simple question, he probably
    > answered a thousand times before. He graciously gave
    > me the infomation I requested and said I should
    > consider buying BJ Attack 3 which I did, it is a
    > fantastic book with great charts.

Thank you. Glad you're enjoying.

> On page 241 5/6 s17 das ls pa opt (1/16) the score [SCORE, please! :-)] is 58.52.

> My questions:
    > 1. If I use total camouflage method in chapter 7 will
    > it drop the score to about 30.00?

Yes, that's a reasonable estimate. Since the penalty is so severe, you have to find ways to "fudge" and "cheat" a little, to make the impost less severe.

> 2. Since we can't bet optimally, if I take 75% of the
    > optimal numbers and round them to 2 practical
    > hands(assuming I am not playing alone), and play the
    > total camouflage how much of the original score [SCORE] of
    > 58.52 can be retained?

> $14= 15
    > $40=25-25
    > $86=50-50
    > $133=100-100
    > $183=125-125
    > $228=175-175

Well, the idea of two hands is to increase the one-hand wager (and, therefore, e.v.) by, roughly, 50%. So, if you manage to increase $30 by that amount, you'd get back to $45 or so.

> Will ROR remain the same?

Yes.

> 3. If I sit out 1/2 of the shoes that fall below -2
    > how much will that effect [affect] the score {SCORE]?

I'm guessing that if you sat out ALL shoes below -2, you'd make an extra 10-15%. So, if you sat out only half of them, I'd say you could add another 5-7%. And, I'd further say that this is precisely the direction in which I would go: Find the best possible games and rules, spread 1-16, play two hands, fudge as much as you can, and sit out as many negative shoes as possible.

> Thanks for the help and the great book

You're very welcome.

Don

Trapper

Trapper: Curious about your answer

> And, I'd further say that this is precisely the direction
    > in which I would go: Find the best possible games and
    > rules, spread 1-16, play two hands, fudge as much as
    > you can, and sit out as many negative shoes as
    > possible.

This strategy is close to the White Rabbit strategy. I got the impression from Chapter 12 and the BJA3 in general that you leaned toward the WiWo strategy. Have you changed your recommendation due to the recent changes in the game or am I reading too much into your answer?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Curious about your answer

> This strategy is close to the White Rabbit strategy. I
    > got the impression from Chapter 12 and the BJA3 in
    > general that you leaned toward the WiWo strategy. Have
    > you changed your recommendation due to the recent
    > changes in the game or am I reading too much into your
    > answer?

How much back-counting you do is very much a function of precisely where you are playing, how many tables are available, and, especially, what stakes you are playing. In general, I think that a traditional counter can't do much better, nowadays, than what I've outlined above.

Your mileage may vary.

Don