Thread: Jay: 6:5 Playable With Promo?

Jay

Jay: 6:5 Playable With Promo?

Hello, I have a confession to make. I played 6:5 BJ on my last trip to Vegas. Please don't flame me til you hear me out.

I was at Excalibur getting my $15 for $10 Winchips promo. There were no $5 games other than 6:5. I only played until the promo chips were gone, then I left. Not too surprisingly (single deck) there were a few positive counts where I doubled my bet, and got lucky and won. I wasn't dealt a BJ, but I'm sure I would've swore up & down if I had been.

Anyways, my point is, in a situation like Winchips could a 6:5 single deck game be better than a 3:2 6-decker? Does the positive EV of the free chips make up for the house advantage? Thanks.

Jay

Wantabe

Wantabe: Re: 6:5 Playable With Promo?

> Hello, I have a confession to make. I played 6:5 BJ on
    > my last trip to Vegas. Please don't flame me til you
    > hear me out.

> I was at Excalibur getting my $15 for $10 Winchips
    > promo. There were no $5 games other than 6:5. I only
    > played until the promo chips were gone, then I left.
    > Not too surprisingly (single deck) there were a few
    > positive counts where I doubled my bet, and got lucky
    > and won. I wasn't dealt a BJ, but I'm sure I would've
    > swore up & down if I had been.

> Anyways, my point is, in a situation like Winchips
    > could a 6:5 single deck game be better than a 3:2
    > 6-decker? Does the positive EV of the free chips make
    > up for the house advantage? Thanks.

> Jay

Better yet is when you get a BJ pays 2:1 or 3:1 promo. They call this carnival game BJ so they accept the promo.