SCORE has provided a great method of comparing strategies. Fix the risk, bankroll, spread and rules and we get a standardized win rate. For the fun of it, I wanted to look at system strength from a different perspective. Fix risk, bankroll, rules and win rate (i.e. SCORE) and look at the required spread. That is, how much must you change the spread in order to gain the same win rate from different strategies? I compared three strategies: KO Rookie (KO with no indexes,) KO Preferred (standard KO,) and Hi-Opt II with Ace side count and full indexes. Obviously these three require dramatically different skill levels. Two sets of circumstances were examined each with a $10,000 bankroll and 13.5% risk.

First, 6 decks, S17, DAS, LS, 75% penetration, $24 win rate. Required spreads:

Hi-Opt II1-6
KO Preferred1-9
KO Rookie1-18

Second, single deck, H17, two players, four rounds, $66 win rate. Required spreads:

Hi-Opt II1-2
KO Preferred1-3
KO Rookie1-7

My point? Well, I didn?t really have one in mind But, you can look at system strength in more ways than winnings per hour. Alternatively you could look at it in terms of longevity. BTW, I believe in simplicity and am not trying to convince anyone to advance to more complex strategies. But, increased skills do have advantages.

CVCX Online