Thread: Dewayne: playing 2 spots heads up

Dewayne

Dewayne: playing 2 spots heads up

I have recently had more opportunity to play heads up at my usual 6 deck das rsa 75%. Normally when I play with others I play 1 hand and then spread to 2 hands at positive true counts ( mainly to reduce ror ). I've read that when heads up I should not spread to 2 hands, but to place the 2 hand total all on one hand. But I am really slow figuring out my bet and it seems like I lose alot more big bets, rather than the win 1/lose 1 that seems to smooth out the usual swings. How bad would it be on my ev or hourly win rate to do the 2 hand thing? I have the cvdata software, but I have a hard time figuring these things out because of having to set the hands per hour, before the sims are run.

Dewayne

steve

steve: Re: playing 2 spots heads up

> I have recently had more opportunity to play heads up
    > at my usual 6 deck das rsa 75%. Normally when I play
    > with others I play 1 hand and then spread to 2 hands
    > at positive true counts ( mainly to reduce ror ). I've
    > read that when heads up I should not spread to 2
    > hands, but to place the 2 hand total all on one hand.
    > But I am really slow figuring out my bet and it seems
    > like I lose alot more big bets, rather than the win
    > 1/lose 1 that seems to smooth out the usual swings.
    > How bad would it be on my ev or hourly win rate to do
    > the 2 hand thing? I have the cvdata software, but I
    > have a hard time figuring these things out because of
    > having to set the hands per hour, before the sims are
    > run.

> Dewayne

I can give you the answer for the monetary side:

400 on 1 hand is the same like 300 on 2 hands, concerning the ROR of your bankroll. But, because you have more money on the table(600 vs. 400),your expected win rate is higher.

Search the archive, this questions always "pop up" frequently on the boards(Don would say)

Dewayne

Dewayne: Re: playing 2 spots heads up

> I can give you the answer for the monetary side:

> 400 on 1 hand is the same like 300 on 2 hands,
    > concerning the ROR of your bankroll. But, because you
    > have more money on the table(600 vs. 400),your
    > expected win rate is higher.

> Search the archive, this questions always "pop
    > up" frequently on the boards(Don would say)

Yes, this does come up often. I searched the archives and read that it decreases ev by about 2%. One of the main reasons I asked was that I thought I was making betting mistakes, taking too long and another thing I forgot to mention is that playing heads up seems to be a magnet for more players to jump in. Would'nt it be better to finish the shoe quicker by playing 2 hands before other players notice? There's nothing worse than eating the crappy cards and then having others come in and ruin it.

Dewayne