Thread: videodude: You guys really made a mistake!

videodude

videodude: You guys really made a mistake!

If you weren?t at the BJ Ball, your decision not to come was huge mistake. It is 1:30AM right now and the party just broke up. It was such a wonderful time that I couldn?t wait to share my excitement and to thank everyone involved. Your work to make the party happen is greatly appreciated.

It was a rare opportunity to meet and greet some of the greatest players and authors out there today. I can?t think of another venue that would offer such an opportunity. After all, how often will I be able to play at the same table with some of the pros that we all love to watch on TV? As a newcomer to this crowd, I felt welcomed by everyone who was anyone.

My only regret was that I was not able thank Victor in-person. He was so busy being our gracious host, didn?t want to interrupt him. So, Thank you!

I know that many players felt a bit intimidated by the big names. There was no reason to feel this way. All of the BJ celebrities were incredibly warm and genuine. So, to those of you who missed the party, I want to shout. YOU REALLY BLEW IT! I can only hope that this is just the very first of many more parties to come.

-Wylie (AKA Videodude)

Bettie

Bettie: So much fun!

Videodude,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I had so much fun last night, and was so busy trying to make sure that I talked to everyone that there were a few people I wish I had spent a little more time with. I won't say who, in case they don't want it known they attended.

Even with the minor tournament glitches and the fact that our co-host, Max Rubin, was late because he flew in from L.A. just for the party and is now already back there taping more of the UBT, everyone just gushed over how much fun they were having. It's too bad that many of our "celebrities" didn't make it in because of the UBT schedule (or over-schedule, as things ran long into the weekend), like Anthony Curtis and Ken Einiger, but we thank UBT for making sure that Max, Hollywood Dave, and Angie Moneytaker were able to rearrange their schedules to come be with us.

Many, many thanks to Rick Jensen for helping us out with the tournament, and congratulations to the mysterious "Nick V" on his first-place win. We won a signed skull trophy and $200 in goods from our catalog. By the way, the very loveable Dr. Pain and the super-sexy Miss R won best costume awards. We'll get pix up on the site within the next few days (faces blurred, covered, or otherwise distorted). I hope that the success of this year's party only means a bigger and better Halloween Blackjack Ball next year!

Thanks to all who came, and we hope to see even more of you next year!
    Bettie

Parker

Parker: Awesome party

Glad you enjoyed it. Everything went off surprisingly well, considering that this was the "first ever" Blackjack Halloween Ball.

Indeed, it was a unique opportunity to meet, socialize, and even compete in a tournament against the likes of Johnny Chang, MIT Mike, other MIT team members, notable authors and personalities such as Max Rubin, Jean Scott, Henry Tamburin, Barfarkel, and of course the one and only Hollywood Dave.

Viktor's concept of a masquerade ball worked out perfectly, allowing those who wished to conceal their appearances the ability to easily do so. Security was low-key but excellent.

And yes, before the event had even concluded, Viktor was already discussing plans for next year's Halloween Ball, which promises to be much bigger and even better.

Thanks to everyone who attended!

Sonny

Sonny: Re: Awesome party

> Indeed, it was a unique opportunity to meet,
    > socialize, and even compete in a tournament against
    > the likes of Johnny Chang, MIT Mike, other MIT team
    > members, notable authors and personalities such as Max
    > Rubin, Jean Scott, Henry Tamburin, Barfarkel, and of
    > course the one and only Hollywood Dave.

I had the pleasure of competing in the tournament against Barry Meadows and Norm. That was definitely a rare and exciting opportunity for me.

> Security was low-key but excellent.

I take offense to that! If I had brought some some backup I would have back roomed every one of you! =)

-Sonny-

P.S. ? I also want to mention that those were some BADASS t-shirts! Thanks for all the hard work guys.