Thread: don: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

don

don: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

I bought the DVD from Blackjackscience.com to add more info to my advanced techniques library. The DVD doesnt play. The dvd ruined my dvd player. Now NONE of my movie dvd's no longer work in the dvd player. Very low quailty dvd. I wish they would of took the time and put the info on a high quality dvd disc. This was the first time I ordered an instructional dvd. Now I know.. its best to stick with the books and to never order an instuctional dvd or a video ever again. I'm now attempting to get a refund on the product. So far, no response from them.

Bettie

Bettie: Let me state for the record

that many DVD products are excellent instructional tools, and you shouldn't let this bad experience with a particular company put you off an entire form of media. It's helpful for many people to learn by using different forms of instruction; some can read and learn, others need to see and learn, and others need to do it all. We sell some fine DVDs and I have never had a complaint about their performance.

Best,
    Bettie

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

I've never heard of a DVD damaging a DVD player. Blank DVDs cost 25 to 40 cents. I don't know where you'g get a "low quality" DVD. Did it have a paper label? Was it cracked? Are you sure the drive is broken? Perhaps it's a software problem. My DVD movies stopped working when I ran an AdWare remover.

> I bought the DVD from Blackjackscience.com to add more
    > info to my advanced techniques library. The DVD doesnt
    > play. The dvd ruined my dvd player. Now NONE of my
    > movie dvd's no longer work in the dvd player. Very low
    > quailty dvd. I wish they would of took the time and
    > put the info on a high quality dvd disc. This was the
    > first time I ordered an instructional dvd. Now I
    > know.. its best to stick with the books and to never
    > order an instuctional dvd or a video ever again. I'm
    > now attempting to get a refund on the product. So far,
    > no response from them.

don

don: Re: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

> I've never heard of a DVD damaging a DVD player. Blank
    > DVDs cost 25 to 40 cents. I don't know where you'g get
    > a "low quality" DVD. Did it have a paper
    > label? Was it cracked? Are you sure the drive is
    > broken? Perhaps it's a software problem. My DVD movies
    > stopped working when I ran an AdWare remover.

The DVD only plays straight through. when I try to rewind it or fast forward it.. it just stops playing. then when I attempt to put it back in the dvd player it just pops back out. So the only way I can watch this dvd is if I play it from beginging to end straight through without stops. so if I want to see a specific chapter, I have to start from the beginning and wait till it gets to that chapter. Theres no paper label, it isnt cracked. My dvd player seems to be working now. A couple of days ago it seemed like it was ruined. So the conclusion is that this dvd only plays straight through, rewinding and fastwording and probably pausing will cause it to not play. (from my experience). Thanks

Victor Francis

Victor Francis: Re: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

If you have a standard DVD player then I can see no way that it ruined your player. The worst it could do is set some parameters weirdly. Try unplugging the play, waiting half a minute then plug it back in.

> play. The dvd ruined my dvd player. Now NONE of my
    > movie dvd's no longer work in the dvd player. Very low
    > quailty dvd. I wish they would of took the time and
    > put the info on a high quality dvd disc. This was the
    > first time I ordered an instructional dvd. Now I
    > know.. its best to stick with the books and to never
    > order an instuctional dvd or a video ever again. I'm
    > now attempting to get a refund on the product. So far,
    > no response from them.

Magician

Magician: Re: blackjack science advanced techniques dvd

> play. The dvd ruined my dvd player.

That's highly unlikely. If you put a slice of bread in your toaster, turned it on and it didn't work, would you blame the slice of bread?

Parker

Parker: Good analogy

> That's highly unlikely. If you put a slice of bread in
    > your toaster, turned it on and it didn't work, would
    > you blame the slice of bread?

Heh, heh - I like that. I agree that it it would be extremely unusual for a DVD disk to damage the player. After all, the reader head never actually even touches the disk.

Parker

Parker: Return policies

> The DVD only plays straight through. when I try to
    > rewind it or fast forward it.. it just stops playing.
    > then when I attempt to put it back in the dvd player
    > it just pops back out. So the only way I can watch
    > this dvd is if I play it from beginging to end
    > straight through without stops. so if I want to see a
    > specific chapter, I have to start from the beginning
    > and wait till it gets to that chapter. Theres no paper
    > label, it isnt cracked. My dvd player seems to be
    > working now. A couple of days ago it seemed like it
    > was ruined. So the conclusion is that this dvd only
    > plays straight through, rewinding and fastwording and
    > probably pausing will cause it to not play. (from my
    > experience). Thanks

Well, that is an improvement. As several people have pointed out, it is highly unlikely that the DVD could have damaged your player.

If you continue to experience problems with the DVD, I suggest that you contact the website where you purchased it. At the very least, they should be willing to exchange it for a different copy.

Giving up instructional DVD's entirely because you had a problem with a single product seems like a bit of an overreaction to me, rather like giving up sex for life after one bad experience. As Bettie pointed out, there are a number of excellent DVD's available.

I would also like to point out that all products purchased from RGE Publishing carry an unconditional money-back guarantee. If you are less than totally satisfied with a product for any reason, you may return it for exchange, credit, or a full refund.

Sonny

Sonny: So is the program any good?

> So the only way I can watch this dvd is if I play it
    > from beginging to end straight through without stops.

So you've seen it all the way through I assume. Did you enjoy it? Did it have useful information in it? Any chance you might write a short review?

-Sonny-