Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MJ: Illustrious 18

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: KO Index for Splitting 10s

MJ,

Some time ago I used CVIndex to generate full index tables for KO for a heads-up S17, DA2, DAS, DD game with 50% penetration. The index numbers for splitting 10-10 were found to be the following:

KO Index for Splitting 10-10 
    Upcard Index
    2 12
    3 9
    4 7
    5 6
    6 6
    7-A NO

These are the normal EV-maximizing index numbers, not the RA index numbers.

Also, they may change for other game conditions, but probably not very much. As for how important they are (whether or not each is in the top 18), the software doesn't say. As a guess, I would say the splits vs. 5 & 6 are in the top 18, while the others are not.

Hope this answers your question!

Dog Hand

BJ Majish

BJ Majish: Re: KO Index for Splitting 10s

A little more information....

Dog Hand, thanks for posting this. As part of my self training in the use of CVIndex, I decided to repeat your project to see what I would come up with. I was pleased to see that my results were identical--with one exception. For a 7 upcard, I got an index of 16. I have no explanation for this, other than that we may have been using different betting strategies.

I then reran CVIndex, this time for RA indices. Here are the results compared:

KO Indices for Splitting 10-10
    Upcard EV-Max # RA #

2 12 12

3 9 10

4 7 8

5 6 6

6 6 6

7 16 13

8 NO NO

9 NO NO
    10 NO NO

A NO NO

Interestingly, the two Catch 22 indices (vs. 5 and 6)--the important ones--do not change; the EV-maximizing numbers and the RA numbers are identical.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123