> I'd say you made a mistake somewhere. You
> may have a wrong penetration for K-O, or you
> may not have included surrender. something
> is wrong. See BJA3, p. 176, where the SCOREs
> are given as 30.85 and 32.91.

Does the SCORE number of 30.85 from BJA3 use the KO Preferred and Surrender Strategy or the KO I-18 Fab4? Parker mentions in the thread below that BJA3 uses the KO Preferred Strategy outlined in the KO book.

I find this hard to swallow because the SCORE of 30.85 is nearly identical to the figure in John's chart of 30.73 which is based upon KO I-18. There is simply no way KO Preferred(13 index plays not including 10 splits) can outperform KO I-18 with 5 additional index plays including 10 splits.

Do you ever specify which KO strategy was used in BJA3? Seeing that 30.85 and 30.73 are nearly identical SCORE values I tend to think you and John are using the same index plays; namely KO I-18 Fab4.

My whole issue with this is that nobody really makes it clear what version of KO is being used when they mention a SIM. If you used KO I-18 in BJA3 you should make that clear so readers are not mislead into thinking the version of KO they are playing with is the same strategy your data is based upon.

If BJA3 uses KO Preferred Strategy how do you explain the identical SCORE value to John's chart below which used KO I-18 Fab4? Thanks for any light you can shed on this matter.

-MJ