Thread: college kid: 5 count with single deck

college kid

college kid: 5 count with single deck

Even with a 6:5 payout on single deck would it not be advantageous when all the fives are out? I ran a quick sim with PBA with single deck and normal rules and got about a 1.6% advantage. When do they usually shuffle in single deck and how often would all the fives be out long enough to get some hands in before the shuffle? Based on what I know, they don't even really pay attention with regards to counting at the single decks. Any comments or advice or answers to my questions is much appreciated!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: 5 count with single deck

> Even with a 6:5 payout on single deck would
    > it not be advantageous when all the fives
    > are out? I ran a quick sim with PBA with
    > single deck and normal rules and got about a
    > 1.6% advantage. When do they usually shuffle
    > in single deck and how often would all the
    > fives be out long enough to get some hands
    > in before the shuffle? Based on what I know,
    > they don't even really pay attention with
    > regards to counting at the single decks. Any
    > comments or advice or answers to my
    > questions is much appreciated!

Most single deck isn't dealt much past the 50% level. And, just because all the fives are out doesn't mean you have an edge. Maybe all the aces and half the tens are out too. Just what do you propose that we count?

I'm astonished at how stubborn people are in trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The game is unplayable for everyone on the planet -- of every conceivable skill level. I just don't get why people won't accept this and move on.

Don

Fuzzy Math

Fuzzy Math: Re: 5 count with single deck

How much money do you intend to lose in between those occassions in which all of the fives are out? Furthermore, how would using an inferior counting system make the game better than a normal system?

college kid

college kid: Re: 5 count with single deck

I know I know.

---

I had a whole long thing typed up but it's really pointless. Boiled down, it said I know it's a stupid idea, and I'm just upset that single deck is so popular. Then I went on about how that's why I can't be more than a BS player, since I get too emotionally into it all. Until I get that under control, I'm pretty much stuck where I am! Hey, at least I realize it and don't play anymore! But I'm still fascinated with the whole thing. Anyways, I've typed enough. Sorry to cloud the forum with more stupid stuff-- I'll try and think through my ideas before I post 'em. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic!)