Thread: Steve Pietro: red 7's indicies?

Steve Pietro

Steve Pietro: red 7's indicies?

I recently posted a message about the red 7 indicies. However, I may have been a little amiguous with the information that I had. I recently switched from the hi lo count to the red 7 count for playing a shoe game. I find that I can play longer and it is a little better for betting correlation, which is my main concern when playing a shoe game. I have obtained the "illustrious 18" indicies from John Auston's Worlds Greatest Blackjack Simulation. His indicies are based on the running count not the true count, and they are different for 1,2,6,and 8 decks. These indicies differ substantially from the indicies Arnold Snyder recomends. I do know that the indicies are only relatively accurate when near the pivot point. Any suggestions on what indicies to use?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: red 7's indicies?

Arnold first published Red7 indexes in 1980, or thereabouts. They were compromise indexes designed for ease of learning. He published a set called Advanced Red7 indexes in the '90s in BJF for one and two decks called Advanced Red7. The indexes in the 1998 version of Blackbelt in BJ are closer to this second set but still have some compromises for simplicity. Both will work. The indexes in the 1998 version are better. I don't know Auston's indexes but assume they are designed without the compromises and therefore slightly better, except that they may only be the Illustrious 18. If you are talking about six deck, it doesn't matter much.

StrayFrog

StrayFrog: Re: red 7's indicies?

in addition to norm's comments, it is also worth noting (if you aren't already aware) that john begins his count at the top of the shoe at zero... arnold does not (at least not in the most recent version of his indexes).