Thread: Sharmon: Index comments please

Sharmon

Sharmon: Index comments please

I was going over Stanford's index on page 46-47 of PBJ and would like to know if this still stands as correct using the Hi/Lo count or does someboby have a more simplified version of this without losing too much over the original. I redid the chart in Excel and am currently colouring in the useful counts to help in memorizing this behemoth . I guess you couldn't just bring it to the table like the BS chart ?

Thanks as usual

Sharmon

Sharmon: Re: Index comments please

Also to Norm , do you happen to have a table that matches this playing strategy for CVBJ or is this copyright and I'll have to enter it manually ?

> I was going over Stanford's index on page
    > 46-47 of PBJ and would like to know if this
    > still stands as correct using the Hi/Lo
    > count or does someboby have a more
    > simplified version of this without losing
    > too much over the original. I redid the
    > chart in Excel and am currently colouring in
    > the useful counts to help in memorizing this
    > behemoth . I guess you couldn't just bring
    > it to the table like the BS chart ?

> Thanks as usual

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Index comments please

> Also to Norm , do you happen to have a table
    > that matches this playing strategy for CVBJ
    > or is this copyright and I'll have to enter
    > it manually ?

Yes, it is the '94 Basic Hi-Lo strategy included in CV with Stanford's permission. There is a simpler chart in Snyder's Blackbelt in Blackjack called Hi-Lo Lite. But, BiB is out of print. Those tables are also in CV. One difference, Hi-Lo Lite uses half-decks for TC calculation (if memory serves me well.) Actually, I think Hi-Lo Lite works better with full decks and doubling the indexes.