If I may jump into the ring here for just a minute...

> ...you lose it all and have to go back to
> work.all im saying is if you hate your
> job,go for it.worst case is your back to
> square one.

I think the DEFINITION of going pro means that you DON'T have anything else to fall back on. If you tap out, you are out of business. The reason many pro players are so conservative is that they can't just "go back to work" to replenish a lost bankroll. How much risk would YOU be willing to take if it meant losing your job FOREVER?

> YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO SUCCEED
> AS A PRO WITH A 200 UNIT BANK THAN NOT.

Sure, if you are a card counter playing in good games you are always more likely to win than lose, but not by much.

Pat, it sounds like your concept of going pro is what we call the Weekend Warrior approach. You play as hard as you can with more risk because you know that in a few days you will be back behind a desk earning "clean" money. If you know the money will keep rolling in from other sources, you're not REALLY playing with ANY risk at all!

WOW! a 0% ROR!

That's the way I play. I'll take a few vacation days off from work to hit the tables. Even if I end up down at the end of each day, I know that I am still earning vacation pay from work.

I'm sure Norm would be happy to run the sims for a 200 until bank with a 1-4 spread at SD games. The ROR may be more than you expect.

-Sonny-