Thread: Alan: Graph of Bankroll Growth for CVData

Alan

Alan: Graph of Bankroll Growth for CVData

This is brilliant, Norm. Once again you've exceeded my expectations. The way this information is displayed is simply wonderful. I can now get a a snapshot view of bankroll highs and lows for any number of hands at a time for a simulation based on my particular playing and betting strategy, speed and rules of game, allowing me easily compare it with my real life play. At the same time, I can also see how the bankroll is likely to grow and shrink over consecutive blocks of time/hands and see how long the patches of good and bad runs can typically last. What I certainly didn't expect was the charting to be editable and the specific datable viewable, too!

Now, when I get a big swing, I can look at the log and say to myself - "Well, that's normal, and it's likely to happen x number of times over the course of say a year." This gives me much greater confidence and motivation to keep on playing undaunted through extended bad runs and stops me from getting too cocky through extended good runs. It also gives me a good estimate of likely trip bankroll requirements. Great job, Norm. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure other CVData2 users will love it, too. Many thanks.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Graph of Bankroll Growth for CVData

> What I certainly didn't
    > expect was the charting to be editable and
    > the specific datable viewable, too!

Thanks. The ability to edit charts is probably not emphasized enough in the documentation. You can double-click on any chart element (data points, labels, titles, the plot, legends, etc.) to alter them. Or right-click on the chart to bring up the data or design screen. From the design screen you can alter hundreds of items. Many elements can be dragged also. With the 3D charts, you can ctrl-left-click and use the mouse to rotate the chart in three dimensions. I find this very useful when looking at the hand result charts.

Alan

Alan: Re: Graph of Bankroll Growth for CVData

I picked up on the right click function, but I didn't know that the chart elements were selectable. That's great. I can use that.

Neat job.

> Thanks. The ability to edit charts is
    > probably not emphasized enough in the
    > documentation. You can double-click on any
    > chart element (data points, labels, titles,
    > the plot, legends, etc.) to alter them. Or
    > right-click on the chart to bring up the
    > data or design screen. From the design
    > screen you can alter hundreds of items. Many
    > elements can be dragged also. With the 3D
    > charts, you can ctrl-left-click and use the
    > mouse to rotate the chart in three