Thread: suicyco maniac: I need a money belt

suicyco maniac

suicyco maniac: I need a money belt

Has anyone bought a money belt over the net ? If you have any info on money belts IE.. which are best, a good site to puchase from, any questions or features I should ask for, etc. Could you please share it with me? Any help would be apreciated. Thanks everyone!!!!

Parker

Parker: Eagle Creek

> Has anyone bought a money belt over the net
    > ? If you have any info on money belts IE..
    > which are best, a good site to puchase from,
    > any questions or features I should ask for,
    > etc. Could you please share it with me? Any
    > help would be apreciated. Thanks
    > everyone!!!!

Eagle Creek makes a good line of products of this nature, as well as luggage and other products for the traveler. Go to the link below, click on "Travel Accessories" at the top, and then "Travel Security."

I have one of the Undercover Security belts. It will hold up to about $20K without making too much of a bulge (depending on your build). The zipper and buckles are nylon - no metal to set off an airport metal detector. It is made of a soft material that can be worn next to your skin without chafing.

Highly recommended.

Wildcard

Wildcard: Re: I need a money belt

> Has anyone bought a money belt over the net
    > ? If you have any info on money belts IE..
    > which are best, a good site to puchase from,
    > any questions or features I should ask for,
    > etc. Could you please share it with me? Any
    > help would be apreciated. Thanks
    > everyone!!!!

If you have a Mori's Luggage and Gifts in your local mall that may be worth a shot. They probably carry the Eagle products mentioned by Parker, which do offer an excellent product.

A Google search will find almost anything, but if time is pressing, I'd just do the Eagle website, order one and enjoy.

Me, OTOH take about $3k cash (30 Bens), wrapped with a rubber band and placed in my FRONT pocket. I remain very aware of what's there, and should I do well at the tables, do the same going home. As soon as I reach McCarren, my wallet goes immediately into my other front pocket and I set my mind to "Vegas mode" to ensure no rip offs...or so I tell myself! :-)

Parker of course makes untold major withdrawals and has probably worn out several money belts.
    :-)!

DoanWorry

DoanWorry: Any retail luggage dept.

I have seen cheap ones in the luggage dept.s of many retain Mall anchor stores. Sears, Macy's, Target, etc. I can't vouch for the quality, but they're cheap and available if you need one in a hurry. I use a separate nylon wallet or two from Walmart, and put them in my front pocket. That way there is virtually zero cash in my reg. wallet. I also use a money clip for my playing bank.
    As stated above, be aware of your surroundings and be mindful of your security measures at all times.

Sentry

Sentry: They are not exotic

I went into a shop that sold spy gear looking for a money belt and they sent me to a luggage store. Since I bought mine, I see them everywhere. Check anyplace that sells travel gear, the nylon pouches sell for about $12.00.
    When using one, keep enough of your cash out to handle those surprise double downs and splits. I once was forced to go into mine at the table. I had to reach under my clothes and perform what must have looked like psychic surgery to produce more cash. D'oh!

Sentry

Jake {|:>)

Jake {|:>): Re: Any retail luggage dept.

I keep playing cash in a front pocket rubber banded. On many trips I use 2 money belts, one a standard neck or pouch model and the other one that fits on your calf. The calf one is where I usually keep a spare credit card, passport and airline ticket with some cash.

Another precaution I take if travelling with my wife is to ensure that we each carry unique credit cards. If her purse should be ripped off I still can use my cards.

{|:>)
    Jake

suicyco maniac

suicyco maniac: Thanks for the link Parker *NM*

phantom

phantom: re. money belt

try a A A A store.