Don,
It brings me great pleasure to add me 2 cents worth in this conversation as I respect both you and Parker alike, thus my input is that you are both right in your own right! Between the two of you, you have managed to cover both angles. An amusing thought to me, a scary thought to the average surveillance observer.

Your remarks
>A standard ev/SD to strive for might be >something along the lines of a two-unit per hour >win with 28 units of SD. That produces a DI of >7.14 and a SCORE of 51, which is an acceptable >game.

I believe that for a player to achieve such results he/she would have to be very competent, allowing very little room if any for any ?real? mistakes and the long run should be reevaluated to a more realistic point with the bell-curve added in for proper measure.
I?m a big fan of both you and Parker as well. BJA is one of the finest publications in print today (in my opinion) and any advantage player that goes to the tables without this knowledge is, in my opinion, the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gun fight.
My numbers on the Desirable Index seem to be a bit off from yours but I?m sure it relates to my side. I tip my hat to two of the best! Don and Parker!
Don, I will be in touch, soon.

-Cellini