Thread: Moose: Controlling your temper.. when winning??

Moose

Moose: Controlling your temper.. when winning??

Guys,

not a word of a lie. I sit down to play heads up last night, my monster count just got more monstrous late in the shoe. As I'm gleefully making two max bets, this hot looking chick walks bye, so the dealer *STOPS* the action, and tries THREE times to get this obviously uninterested woman to buy in the game. She reluctantly puts a $5 chip down on anchor.

How nice.

I get 53 and T9 vs a 4 [no hole card taken here in Canada]. The woman gets T2. I double my hard 8, as the Hi/Lo RC is now +12 with just under a deck left. I get a ten, which is nice of course.

The lady on the end hits her 12, getting a 3, and hits it again, getting a ten and busting.

The next card is a ten, and the next one.. is the f*)$#ng g'd'm cut card. The next two cards are aces, and then busts with a ten.

The dealer turns to me and says "Wow, good thing she hit, huh, I'd have had 17 if she didn't", as he's paying my 18 and 19.

Take some time to picture my face, something along the lines of someone who, in the gloaming minutes of a contest where they have to smile for 24 straight hours, is shot in the nuts with a cannonball.

My brain sends out "Yes indeed, I sure didn't want those two aces in a sky high count with a max bet, even discounting that, an extra round at a max bet and a TC that high would only have been worth, oh, 35% of my hourly expectation all in one hand" but all that escapes is "Yes.. good thing indeed", very much along the lines of "Mr. Hilter" in the Monty Python sketch and his "Not much fun in Stalingrad, no..." comment.

Of course the woman then leaves, and while the PC folk aren't around, I quietly inform the dealer, with all the sang-froid I can muster, that "the dealers whom I tip the most are those that know how I prefer to play alone" and hopefully that along with the $0 tip at the end of his shift, he has gotten the message.

Boy oh boy, it's a tough hobby when you have to control your temper when you're winning...

C.

illsur5

illsur5: Re: Controlling your temper.. when winning??

Sucks does'nt it. There are alot of shmugs out there, remember to not put any serious money at risk when there are shmugs at the table. Oh and by the way, I've had the opposite happen to me a few times, the count rockets and all the shmugs at the table decide to take off. I love being a counter.

Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky: Who cares if Shmugs are at the table?

> remember to not put any serious
    > money at risk when there are shmugs at the
    > table.

Although it may be frustrating to play with shmugs (same as shmucks, I presume) at times, it really should not make any difference in the way we bet. We should bet with the count and with the count only. And remember, playing with shmugs can often be good for cover.

full timer

full timer: Re: Controlling your temper.. when winning??

> of course a new player does the wrong thing and we win and don't cry, but when its the other way around we cry.. Don't cry and fret for one others do wrong it may actually help.

experience will prove.

Moose

Moose: Actually, I am winning and still crying here ;)

Notice that I was going to win in either case.

I'm not upset about the winning or losing. The ploppy taking those hits hurt me because it decreased my chance of getting another round in a high count, which as it turned out, did cost me that last round.

M.

zengrifter

zengrifter: BUT! you got to play with the HOT CHICK! *NM*