Thread: Gregg Brady: Thank you RGE!!!

Gregg Brady

Gregg Brady: Thank you RGE!!!

RGE isn't afraid of their own website (the free pages) like some other websites. We have access to Don S. whether we are a member of Don's Domain or not. I like that. In my opinion, RGE runs a much better site due to it's "no tolerance of shit" attitude - especially on the free pages. As Don pointed out some time ago about BJ21 "the lunatics are running the asylum over there". I'm glad that RGE doesn't feel they need to worry about the "free pages" having to much quality. Clearly, RGE makes it work.

The following was posted on BJ21 by Stanford Wong Re: getting rid of the free pages at BJ21.

"BJ21 is financially stable: It brings in enough revenue to cover its expenses. That's important in assuring longevity. Most of BJ21's revenue is membership dues. Your $49 a year is important -- it's what keeps BJ21 alive. I want memberships to continue to be attractive enough to support the site. The chief competition for green chip has always been the free pages of BJ21. I want green-chip pages to be more attractive than their free-page counterparts. Requring passwords for posting on the free pages might result in raising the quality of the free pages. That might cause a problem if paying members desert green chip in favor of the free pages. Several posts in this thread make the point that some free pages are superior to their green-chip counterparts. I think that is unfortunate, and requiring passwords for posting on the free pages could worsen the situation."

Wildcard

Wildcard: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Wildcard

Wildcard: Re: my 2 cents

I recall when BJ21 was the premier site for BJ discussion, both black chip, green chip and free pages. There were posters on free pages who were extremely knowledgeable about the game and offered untold expert advice to newcomers (me). They gradually stopped posting.

Slowly it appears that (from my perspective) free became the unwanted guest at the dinner table, yet it was constantly touted as the source of GC members. Corrective action was not implemented in order to slow this erosion...certain "posters" were allowed to continue unabated and virtually took over the drivel. An occasional peek at the trash page (whose posts often stayed up for several hours), was pretty disgusting at best!

While a few attempts were made by me and others to "suggest" to management that things were going awry, responses were along the lines of "open only those pages you like", "let them have their page". Basically a "live and let live" agenda.
    While all that is fine, and certainly the authority lies with management to run things as they see fit, it appears things have hit a serious downward spiral into a whopping mess.

The common thread I see is a $$ issue, not a customer service issue. While there are expenses involved in running a site, and of course everyone wants to make a profit at some point...when you don't listen to your customers, and refuse to believe the Tsunami is coming, then you have to deal with the clean up.

While moderating posters is not an easy task, it appears to be essential for the well-being and quality of this type of site. Imagine the insanity if certain posters had free reign over here?

Clearly RGE21 has its act together. I rarely post, but certainly enjoy the threads and the discussions both here and on Don's Domain. What an absolute pleasure to have ZERO acidity and acrimony.

I credit Viktor, Bettie, Parker, Don, Belgard, and the Masters for running a blackjack website that is about as good as it's gonna get! May you continue to enjoy the fruits of your labor, and grow exponentially well into the future.

Regards,
    Wildcard

Password:

Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera: SW Speaks

In the General Forum of his Sports Book site SW posted on Oct. 12th in response to a query of what happened to the BJ21 free pages:

For about a week someone has been posting personal information about me and my employees on various free pages of BJ21.com. The straw that broke the camel's back was the posting of David's license plate number. We are currently deciding what to do about the free pages on BJ21.

Stanford Wong

Just FYI.

Buick

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: Re: Thank you RGE!!!

> RGE isn't afraid of their own website (the
    > free pages) like some other websites. We
    > have access to Don S. whether we are a
    > member of Don's Domain or not. I like that.
    > In my opinion, RGE runs a much better site
    > due to it's "no tolerance of shit"
    > attitude - especially on the free pages. As
    > Don pointed out some time ago about BJ21
    > "the lunatics are running the asylum
    > over there". I'm glad that RGE doesn't
    > feel they need to worry about the "free
    > pages" having to much quality. Clearly,
    > RGE makes it work.

Our philosophy is to add value to our paid products, not reduce the value of our free services. I'm really happy people are starting to recognize that. I would run these forums with or without RGE, but they're made all the better by faciliating a relationship between us and our customers.

Thank you for the kind words, and don't be shy about telling us how you'd like this site to grow.

Spread the word.

Good Cards,

V

CAPTXII

CAPTXII: Re: SW Speaks

thanks Buick, I wondered what the hang up was.
    There are always thorns among the roses.

> In the General Forum of his Sports Book site
    > SW posted on Oct. 12th in response to a
    > query of what happened to the BJ21 free
    > pages:

> For about a week someone has been posting
    > personal information about me and my
    > employees on various free pages of BJ21.com.
    > The straw that broke the camel's back was
    > the posting of David's license plate number.
    > We are currently deciding what to do about
    > the free pages on BJ21.

> Stanford Wong
    > Just FYI.

> Buick