Thread: Meyer: Session bankroll

Meyer

Meyer: Session bankroll

Should one quit right then and there when you hit your session bankroll? I carry a session bankroll, 60 units, with a backup of 30 units. I recently hit the 60 unit loss, but the DD count went huge right away, and continued playing. I, of course, lost every hand with 14 VS 10 and the like, as granny and grampy on either side pulled 20's and naturals. Should I have just automatically shut it down when I hit the session bankroll? Or do you take a shot and continue with the backup if the count goes ballistic? Thanks!

G Man

G Man: Re: Session bankroll

You did the right thing. Never leave when the count is sky high.

Mister M

Mister M: Re: Session bankroll

If you have just lost 60 units but the count is "huge" then it is ESSENTIAL to play on.
    You are much more likely to re-coup any loses and even end the session on a win than to simply lose more units.Think about it!

Matt Sunderland

Matt Sunderland: Re: Session bankroll

It would be a crime to leave when the count is high and you still have money in your pocket. A high count is the golden opportunity you wait for in this game. I sometimes have to wait for hours to see a decent high count (6 decks). Don't waste the opportunity!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Session bankroll

> It would be a crime to leave when the count
    > is high and you still have money in your
    > pocket. A high count is the golden
    > opportunity you wait for in this game. I
    > sometimes have to wait for hours to see a
    > decent high count (6 decks). Don't waste the
    > opportunity!

On this score, see BJA, pp. 105-6, number 3.

Don

Mat Sunderland

Mat Sunderland: Re: Session bankroll

Thanks Don
    What does it say? (I'm one of the naughty boys who have not bought the book yet!)
    Matt