Thread: Tom: Dumb question about 15 vs. 10 HiLo index

Tom

Tom: Dumb question about 15 vs. 10 HiLo index

If you notice in a DD game that all 8 sixes have been played, and then encountered a 15 vs. 10, would you now stand when the HiLo TC is +0 or above instead of +4? I don't side count 6's - but when 2 players split 6's on the first hand out and you just so happen to notice all 8 sixes have been played, isn't the 15 vs. 10 index now the same as a 16 vs. 10? Is this a simple observation or am I crazy? It probably doesn't matter that much in the long run, but I've encountered this twice recently, standing on a 15 vs. 10 with the TC at +2 with all 8 sixes gone, and it worked both times. I don't want to get too involved into "index adjustments", and I can see why I've never heard about them, but I thought this is an easy one.

If this is correct, what about if you saw 6 or 7 sixes instead of 8 sixes? Would you lower the 15 vs. 10 index to, say +3?

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Re: Dumb question about 15 vs. 10 HiLo index

First, it's not a dumb question.

> If you notice in a DD game that all 8 sixes
    > have been played, and then encountered a 15
    > vs. 10, would you now stand when the HiLo TC
    > is +0 or above instead of +4?

Your assumption is correct. You can even STAND at -2 or above. The problem now is with 16 vs 10. At what count should you stand? The answer is at +13.

> If this is correct, what about if you saw 6
    > or 7 sixes instead of 8 sixes? Would you
    > lower the 15 vs. 10 index to, say +3?

If you saw 7 sixes then you should STAND at -1 or above and for 6 sixes the index would be 0 or above.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cacarulo

Tom

Tom: Thanks *NM*