Thread: Sidewinder: A Suggestion For Parker

Sidewinder

Sidewinder: A Suggestion For Parker

Hi Parker. Is there anyway to turn off the "reply" button in a thread so that when one posts the entire previous post is not included? This does seem to pose a little inconvenience especially for you as you have to respond to a lot of posts. Perhaps it would be possible to add a "with quote" button as many sites have? It would also help remove the amount of information being stored on the server. Hit 'em hard, The Side

Parker

Parker: Re: A Suggestion For Parker

> Hi Parker. Is there anyway to turn off the
    > "reply" button in a thread so that
    > when one posts the entire previous post is
    > not included? This does seem to pose a
    > little inconvenience especially for you as
    > you have to respond to a lot of posts.
    > Perhaps it would be possible to add a
    > "with quote" button as many sites
    > have? It would also help remove the amount
    > of information being stored on the server.

Welcome to the new, improved, RGE21.com. It's great to see you posting here.

We have discussed the various preferences (there is a thread down a ways on the page) and the majority of users seem to like having the page default to quoting the original message. I don't particularily care for it myself, but I'm willing to bow to the will of the majority.

It is helpful when someone orphans a post.

If you don't like the quoted text, just right-click in the box, click on "Select All" and then click on "Cut." This can also be done from the Edit menu.

Please take a momemt to create a profile. Just click on "Create Profile" at the top of any message index page. It is not necessary to divulge any personal info if you do not wish to - just enter your "handle" and a password.

Once you have done that, I can set you to "bypass moderation" and your posts will appear immediately when you make them. Also, no one else will be able to post using your handle, and if you ever wish to delete one of your messages, you will have a password stored.