I've been looking at Stanford Wong's Basic Blackjack book to study dealer hits soft 17 basic strategy more carefully. As an Advanced Omega II user, I have a number of index variations for certain plays when dealer has a 6 or an Ace. To add to this arsenal I studied Hi Opt II and extrapolated index variations for other plays. In most cases the index decreased by 2.

I note in particular that in Mr Wong's book he suggests the following changes to basic strategy when dealer hits soft 17, for which I have no index variation as yet:

Double down else stand if:

s19 v 6
s18 v 2

Double down else hit if:

11 v A

In these 3 cases the AOII index for generic play is 2.

Question 1: Should I reduce these numbers by 2 (as has been the case in most other index variations) to arrive at 0 when dealer hits soft 17?

Question 2: There has been no mention of index variation for any other plays against dealer 2. Is s18 v 2 an exception to the rule for some reason? If not, should other indices also be affected similarly, and if so, which ones?

Question 3: AOII and Hi Opt II systems make no mention, when dealer hits soft 17, of surrendering 8-8, 17, 16 or 15 versus dealer Ace (except in European no hole card). Should I adopt the European no hole card strategy and indices for these hands when dealer hits soft 17 (except for not splitting 8's if no surrender of course), or should I stick with the normal indices?

I hope you don't think that I'm splitting hairs too much. One needs as much advantage as possible against dealer hits soft 17, and improvements (or corrections) especially to basic strategy for this rule variation are crucial in getting that edge.

Thanks in advance.